Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

There were absolutely tons of tourists, the most I’ve ever seen at City by some distance.
2 Madrid fans in front of us as well as a guy from Vietnam who said he was “neutral”.
Luckily the regulars, as well as the few lucky blues who got tickets through the Cityzens sale mayhem, made enough noise by themselves, but the club absolutely shafted a lot of long-standing fans last night and that shouldn’t be forgotten in all the celebrations
“Tourists” what do they look like? Everyone was bouncing. Try & enjoy it

What in the club's policy stopped the long standing fans from getting tickets? Genuine question that.

Tourists is a bit of a relative term. Whether they were, or blues that otherwise don't get tickets, they were great as was the atmosphere, which was the main concern earlier.

I’m going to copy what ‘uwerosler’ posted earlier, which explains it perfectly.

No criteria for a ticket, only a membership with no requirement of going to a previous game, anyone could literally buy one 5 mins before buying a ticket, it was pot luck on if you got a ticket or not.

There are lots of examples of long standing blues unable to get tickets on here and elsewhere.

There has been an on going discussion about if for weeks and it’s been discussed on various podcasts as well. As I said the atmosphere is a separate point, which I thought was great. I’m not criticising the tourists/ people who got the tickets I’m criticising the clubs ticket policy… I’m not sure how you can defend that

The atmosphere was brilliant.

We did see some some slightly concerning incidents last night. Prior to the game, immediately after the coach arrival, there were loads of, what looked like, Real fans climbing up the lower wire mesh fencing of the spiral ramps and climbing in to the stadium to avoid paying. We reported it to the police who seemed disinterested other than saying they'd seen others do it and that they'd inform the club.

Last edited:
I still remember walking into school the day after Stoke away when we were relegated to the third tier to find a group of kids in the playground standing there waiting for me, they made my life hell, the piss taking was absolutely relentless. And it wasn't even United fans, it was Stockport County fans who were now a league above us. United fans weren't even arsed anymore.

Nobody deserves this more than us. Nobody.
I hope you've kept in touch

What a fucking night!

There was a lot of tourists yes. They definitely helped in staying till the end, I'm not sure they added much to the atmosphere in terms of noise.

I think we need to distinguish between straight up tourists that wear half n halfs, take selfies and come as a one off, and the fringe fans that just don't have SCs but come to a lot of CL and cup games. I think those fans are really adding to our atmosphere as has been seen in the Champions League this season.

It was full of City fans
Not in our block, 238 it wasn't.

The "regulars" in our block made more noise than they would in your average PL game but to see so many folk in the 2 or 3 rows in front and either side of us that remained passive throughout the various reasons to celebrate was astonishing.

The lad immediately to my right held a blue flag and asked in very broken English "What does this say?" whilst pointing to the words "Blue Moon" !!!

I’m going to copy what ‘uwerosler’ posted earlier, which explains it perfectly.

No criteria for a ticket, only a membership with no requirement of going to a previous game, anyone could literally buy one 5 mins before buying a ticket, it was pot luck on if you got a ticket or not.

There are lots of examples of long standing blues unable to get tickets on here and elsewhere.

There has been an on going discussion about if for weeks and it’s been discussed on various podcasts as well. As I said the atmosphere is a separate point, which I thought was great. I’m not criticising the tourists/ people who got the tickets I’m criticising the clubs ticket policy… I’m not sure how you can defend that

The atmosphere was brilliant.
Well said mate. There seems to be a few I’m alright Jack’s posting on here.

“Tourists” what do they look like? Everyone was bouncing. Try & enjoy it

I should think everyone loved it last night, and I’m sure you know perfectly well what a tourist looks like. Doesn’t make his point any less valid. There must have been thousands of other Blues who’d like to have enjoyed it as well, but couldn’t get tickets, because half the ground was full of day trippers. I’ve genuinely never seen anything like it at the Etihad last night. Walked around the ground before kick off, got asked for directions half a dozen times and witnessed Madrid fans, shirts on full display, queuing at every turnstile.
That was one of the biggest and greatest games we’ve ever had at City and, whilst the atmosphere was excellent, it’s a pity that more long term City fans didn’t get the opportunity to enjoy it

What a fucking night!

There was a lot of tourists yes. They definitely helped in staying till the end, I'm not sure they added much to the atmosphere in terms of noise.

I think we need to distinguish between straight up tourists that wear half n halfs, take selfies and come as a one off, and the fringe fans that just don't have SCs but come to a lot of CL and cup games. I think those fans are really adding to our atmosphere as has been seen in the Champions League this season.
Agree with this. Out of 5 of us that go together, all SC, only 2 of us are on champs league scheme. Whos faults that?
Through this seasons champs leagues games ive had all sorts sat next to me, lads who just wanted a different seat, an asain couple who never stopped taking photos, young lads who were bouncing all game. All added ‘something’.

Its what it is. If all SC holders opted in to the champs league scheme we wouldnt have this problem, would we?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.