Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Might have already been posted but I'm too fucked to look through
View attachment 79562
I fucking love this! Bit different in Manchester isn't it ya Madrid cunts?! Haha. Super proud of the team and fans last night. Etihad was a cauldren of hate. Amazing to watch. It sounded better than the Hamburg game which was also an amazing atmosphere.

Some people in this thread sound like Nigel Farage talking about immigration. Whereas I do not support non-Man City fans going to matches, anyone who supports Man City, WHEREVER THEY ARE FROM, can go to any game they please. Some of these 'tourists' put the local Mancs to shame, who can't be bothered going to CL group stages despite living within a 10-mile radius.
If tourists are getting a ticket instead of proper blues then it's wrong.

For Chelsea, it would appear that the club have held back any ticket returns so they can sell them as hospitality packages for over £200. Also happened for the Arsenal game and probably a load of tickets never went on general sale last night for the same reason which would explain the number of Madrid fans all over the place.
The club ticket account on twitter seem pretty desperate for these returns from ST holders. To then resell them as hospitality packages is unfair on Cityzens members.

The Cityzen membership has dramatically been devalued in its weight and value this year. Gaining tickets for the big home games is going to be a tough scramble next year due to the combination of no criteria being applied (if they take the Ram home approach again) and a lower availability of seats that's aren't part of hospitality.

3rd tier SS had quite a few tourists but they helped make the noise and they stayed to the fucking end, also City tearing Spaniards apart again, I laughed so much when we sang that

Every home game this season has sold out.

Every away game has sold out.

Expanding national and international fan base.

All CL games have attracted international fans due to Manchester being a cosmopolitan city with a huge student population.

City qualify for finals on a regular basis.

This is not a new or surprising phenomenon, so it shouldn’t be a shock that we could’ve sold 150000 tickets for what was being billed as the biggest game in the world.

I don’t agree with City’s policy for last night, but most fans should have been savvy enough to anticipate the likely scenario and get organised.

These are the footballing times of our lives, get on the cup schemes, get sorted in advance and don’t miss out on theses experiences.

I agree, and there seemed to be a menacing atmosphere outside the ground before kick off last night. Seemed to be about 10 times as many people hanging around than usual & it was hard to move around. Did a load of non ticket holders just turn up to see the spectacle or something? Loads of dodgy looking touts around too
Anyway, all was fine when we got inside and the concourse & stands were rocking.
Literally saw a tout walking around the carpark and inside the main fan coach welcoming crowd with a sign saying "do you have any spare tickets?" Neither the police nor stewards were interested. Lol

Literally saw a tout walking around the carpark and inside the main fan coach welcoming crowd with a sign saying "do you have any spare tickets?" Neither the police nor stewards were interested. Lol

There was a very shifty one next to the cash point at the corner of the club shop. Was basically marching tourists to the cash point to pay for tickets. Why do the Police & club stewards turn a blind eye to these scrotes?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.