Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

I’ll never understand the need to whip out your phone and record players celebrating a goal. When will you ever watch it back? Just fuckin smile and clap

3rd tier SS had quite a few tourists but they helped make the noise and they stayed to the fucking end, also City tearing Spaniards apart again, I laughed so much when we sang that

If the ground would have been full of local fans, they would have stayed until the end as well.

3rd tier SS had quite a few tourists but they helped make the noise and they stayed to the fucking end, also City tearing Spaniards apart again, I laughed so much when we sang that

felt privileged to not only be there but to be in that particular stand as well. Honestly prefer it compared to east and colin bell. Raucous atmosphere.

It will be even tougher next year for Cityzen members. Club expects members to fill seats for the "lesser" games but when it comes to the "bigger" games they reduce availability so seats can be used for hospitality/ sell for extortionate prices on 3rd party reseller sites.

It doesn't have to be anything complex for a fairer Cityzen window for the biggest games. Maybe purchase history from the last 5 years and do 20, 10 and 5 games before it goes to a free for all (if it gets that far). They'll be reluctant to do that though because it would hinder membership sales.

Looks they're doing that with the exchange tickets for Chelsea tickets as well mate. Haven't seen any of those come back up for sale like Arsenal. So unless you have a lot of disposable income at the start of the season and buying all these fixtures up front you're missing out. That's the 'priority' towards purchasing tickets the membership supposedly gets you.

The "tourists" get a lot of stick But the best atmospheres in the main of late have been the UCL games I see lots of them having photo opportunities and the smiles and joy on their faces is great. They may have adopted City, for whatever reason to me is irrelevant, the game is a global game and we should embrace the fact that the best club team in the world is based in Manchester, although it belongs to the city we have to share it. As I said in a previous post we locked the doors to Maine Road 20 years ago and no one would have dared dream that we would be where we are now Love it

Basically we're a victim of our own success, gone are the days where the fa cup/uefa cup games used to be £1 for kids

If tourists are getting a ticket instead of proper blues then it's wrong.
This ‘tourist’ notion is not all correct.

We have been building an increasing fan base for a decade who can’t attend every league game but can get out for all the cup games.

There will have been ‘one offs’ last night who were able to get tickets but this phenomenon is going to continue which is why we’re increasing capacity by 9000.

Last nights game was watched by a global audience of ? MILLIONS ? many whom will now be followers, visitors, tourists and ‘fans’ of City, we are now a true global sporting institution, people like us.

The club is benefiting, MANCHESTER is benefiting and I’m loving it !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.