Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Every home game this season has sold out.

Every away game has sold out.

Expanding national and international fan base.

All CL games have attracted international fans due to Manchester being a cosmopolitan city with a huge student population.

City qualify for finals on a regular basis.

This is not a new or surprising phenomenon, so it shouldn’t be a shock that we could’ve sold 150000 tickets for what was being billed as the biggest game in the world.

I don’t agree with City’s policy for last night, but most fans should have been savvy enough to anticipate the likely scenario and get organised.

These are the footballing times of our lives, get on the cup schemes, get sorted in advance and don’t miss out on theses experiences.

Whilst I agree with pretty much all of your sentiments the season ticket holders had a two day window to purchase a ticket. There shouldn't have been any of them that wanted to go to the game that didn't.

The memberships on the other hand are a completely different story. Throwing everybody in the same window regardless of points or games attended was criminal. Hard to get organised for that. Even if you were logged on in good time they just throw you a random number in the queue when the window opens anyway. It's a complete lottery and no more organisation on the fans part can change that. Real shame the club would rather sell a few more memberships at the expense of rewarding the regular match-going fan.

All CL games have attracted international fans due to Manchester being a cosmopolitan city with a huge student population.

This is not a new or surprising phenomenon, so it shouldn’t be a shock that we could’ve sold 150000 tickets for what was being billed as the biggest game in the world.

I don’t agree with City’s policy for last night, but most fans should have been savvy enough to anticipate the likely scenario and get organised.

These are the footballing times of our lives, get on the cup schemes, get sorted in advance and don’t miss out on theses experiences.
“Get savvy and get organised?”
“Get on the cup schemes?”

There are thousands who want to get a season ticket but are on a waiting list that doesn’t move. And you can’t get on the cup scheme without a season ticket.

I saw at least 4 people jibbing in last night most managed to get away from the stewards but one was put back outside. not seen this before at city
Felt sorry for the stewards they were overwhelmed at times,most are over 50 or under 20

No. I’ll let you crack on. There are bound to be different fans at cup games. They’re not all tourists - they’re just new fans. Get over it. Some travel from as far away as Exeter :)
Fine, call them ‘new fans’ if you like, even the ones in Madrid shirts. My issue isn’t with them either way, it’s with the club.

Im based in Bristol and generally get to a few home and away games a year. Was at the season opener against Bournemouth at home - but aside from that it's been almost impossible to get tickets compared to years gone by.

Think the expansion is needed now.

Whilst I agree with pretty much all of your sentiments the season ticket holders had a two day window to purchase a ticket. There shouldn't have been any of them that wanted to go to the game that didn't.

The memberships on the other hand are a completely different story. Throwing everybody in the same window regardless of points or games attended was criminal. Hard to get organised for that. Even if you were logged on in good time they just throw you a random number in the queue when the window opens anyway. It's a complete lottery and no more organisation on the fans part can change that. Real shame the club would rather sell a few more memberships at the expense of rewarding the regular match-going fan.
It will be even tougher next year for Cityzen members. Club expects members to fill seats for the "lesser" games but when it comes to the "bigger" games they reduce availability so seats can be used for hospitality/ sell for extortionate prices on 3rd party reseller sites.

The "tourists" get a lot of stick But the best atmospheres in the main of late have been the UCL games I see lots of them having photo opportunities and the smiles and joy on their faces is great. They may have adopted City, for whatever reason is irrelevant, its a global game and we should embrace the fact that the best club team in the world is based in Manchester, although it belongs to the city we have to share it. As I said in a previous post we locked the doors to Maine Road 20 years ago and no one would have dared dream that we would be where we are now Love it

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.