Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

I've give you my top five at all-seated Maine Road but I'm not sure all were actually better:

Last Maine Road derby - Tonking the rags 3-1 and Neville feeding the Goat.
Wigan play-off 1999 - 1-0
Birmingham last home game in 1999-2000 - Bob Taylor goal to ensure we would go up if we won at Blackburn.
Blackpool first home game in third tier; fantastic support. A 3-0 win helped.
Barnsley 2001-02. A 5-1 win as we celebrated promotion under Keegan after Wolves had lost at Millwall the previous evening.

And rags 5-1. I know it wasn't all-seated but I just like remembering that game.
Agree with 1, 3 and 4.

What was the match after the charges were announced? Add that as well.
And some of the early games with big Erl doing his thing, some of them games crackled, barring Forest no other away team turned out & got behind their team or give some back, the big games take care of themselves, the others is where I’ve been more impressed, like the game we thought might be one of Bernie’s last, that was decent, he got serenaded all second half, I’d like to think that kept him happy for a while and engineered performances like Wednesday night, as fans we have played our part this season, can we do better ? Yes, there’s always room for improvement, I’m excited to see the new NS & what that could bring

And some of the early games with big Erl doing his thing, some of them games crackled, barring Forest no other away team turned out & got behind their team or give some back, the big games take care of themselves, the others is where I’ve been more impressed, like the game we thought might be one of Bernie’s last, that was decent, he got serenaded all second half, I’d like to think that kept him happy for a while and engineered performances like Wednesday night, as fans we have played our part this season, can we do better ? Yes, there’s always room for improvement, I’m excited to see the new NS & what that could bring
Sounds mad but I really think it has only been the last year or two where Eastlands has started to feel like a proper home. The bar in the south stand, the bus welcomes, the standing rails, the mix of new songs, the work 1894 group has done with the tifos, and even the slightly more cringe stuff with the DJs and tourists on CL nights. Just feels like we've cracked it somehow. It's a shite place to come as an away fan without being violent, and it's a ground where away players buckle under the pressure and that the home players really enjoy on big nights. We're now a big game fanbase that still have fun on the week to week games. If we can crack the public transport and the early leavers and get the home end, arena and new covered City square right (few more pubs dotted around the place) there won't be much to complain about at all apart from whether we should be singing the classics or not.

Last edited:

School trip doesn't sound like Man City fans to me. They picked our biggest game ever as well. I support all Man City supporters attending from around the world, the so-called tourists, but a school trip is a step too far for me.

Sounds mad but I really think it has only been the last year or two where Eastlands has started to feel like a proper home. The bar in the south stand, the bus welcomes, the standing rails, the mix of new songs, the work 1894 group has done with the tifos, and even the slightly more cringe stuff with the DJs and tourists on CL nights. Just feels like we've cracked it somehow. It's a shite place to come as an away fan without being violent, and it's a ground where away players buckle under the pressure and that the home players really enjoy on big nights. We're now a big game fanbase that still have fun on the week to week games. If we can crack the public transport and the early leavers and get the home end, arena and new covered City square right (few more pubs dotted around the place) there won't be much to complain about at all apart from whether we should be singing the classics or not.
Great post mate, a home is what you make it as the old saying goes, as well as the people inside it, I might be way off the mark but we did get a little comfortable, a bit content & passive. But we have a long proud history of never lying down, of raging against the machine, and those PL charges have galvanised the whole club, refocused minds, and reminded us to enjoy what we have now. I don’t mind any of the cheese, in fact we get more right than wrong, we’re always looking at ways to improve the match day experience, and I have no complaints whatsoever. The early leavers scenario is actually slowly getting worse (Wednesday apart) because people are competing for that first tram or bus, or to get out of the horrendous car parks, I’ve never known buses be loaded and effed off so slow in my whole life, why can’t people have seasonal passes like the metro ? Make the first few buses pass only, they’d then have a roundabout figure of how many buses are needed..Get on get gone, we could also do with a scheme for our elders & less abled, I don’t have any cost effective ideas for that, but you can’t blame some people for ‘needing’ to Leave early, this needs addressing

Great post mate, a home is what you make it as the old saying goes, as well as the people inside it, I might be way off the mark but we did get a little comfortable, a bit content & passive. But we have a long proud history of never lying down, of raging against the machine, and those PL charges have galvanised the whole club, refocused minds, and reminded us to enjoy what we have now. I don’t mind any of the cheese, in fact we get more right than wrong, we’re always looking at ways to improve the match day experience, and I have no complaints whatsoever. The early leavers scenario is actually slowly getting worse (Wednesday apart) because people are competing for that first tram or bus, or to get out of the horrendous car parks, I’ve never known buses be loaded and effed off so slow in my whole life, why can’t people have seasonal passes like the metro ? Make the first few buses pass only, they’d then have a roundabout figure of how many buses are needed..Get on get gone, we could also do with a scheme for our elders & less abled, I don’t have any cost effective ideas for that, but you can’t blame some people for ‘needing’ to Leave early, this needs addressing
Good news is the club trialled free shuttle buses on Wednesday for the new season (I believe) so someone knows and is doing something about it. Hopefully see that kick in next season.

We've always turned up for times and games we are needed. Over the last few years we've become so good that maybe 6-8 games maximum a season at home present a threat to us, or carry extra spice due to bitter rivalry. Therefore at other times we enjoy the football and are pretty relaxed. Since the premier league charges they have poked a hornets nest. We hate the fuckers the same way we hate/hated EUFA. As a result every game is us against the rest. The cartel, the media, the brain-dead sheep of other clubs fans who boo Jack for no reason, the online trolls who trot out the lies of being state owned, cheats, having unlimited money to spend. Personally I hate the lot and have nothing but contempt for them all. I wish we could relegate every single one of the fuckers.
We’ve been building a better atmosphere for a while. SSL3 has become much more vocal since the Covid lockdowns were lifted and fans came back to the stadium, and it’s changed our stadium.

But recently it’s felt like the PL and its little cartel of cunts has poked an angry bear who having fucking none of it and wants to bite their poking little fingers off.

Long may it continue!

School trip doesn't sound like Man City fans to me. They picked our biggest game ever as well. I support all Man City supporters attending from around the world, the so-called tourists, but a school trip is a step too far for me.

I actually lived in Holyhead twice in the seventies as I worked on the ferry St Columba back then. A God forsaken miserable place, the only way you could get a drink on a Sunday was by joining the railway club as all the pubs closed. The only redeeming feature was Trearddur Bay. Anything that helps kids escape that misery for a few hours has to be commended lol.

Last edited:

Yet lots of schools in Manchester don’t receive any tickets.

Why are on earth are school kids from wales getting tickets for one of our biggest games… 57 actual city fans could have attended the match

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.