Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Pretty much. They don’t want the legacy fans or locals. Lots of school kids in Manchester would love free tickets, but no let’s randomly give them to kids in Scotland and wales. Trying to grow our fanbase, whilst at the same time trying alienate our core local fanbase. It makes no sense.

Once you lose the core support it won’t come back. And when pep leaves or we have a bad spell the club will be desperate to get them back.
These people aren’t getting free tickets. They are paying for them. The club has been cultivating a big Scottish support for a couple of years now. Man United and Liverpool grew their club and revenue doing the same thing in other countries.I’m not saying that I think that a Scottish school kid should get preference to a local blue, but the business model disctates we have to grow our attendances and this is one way of doing it.

These people aren’t getting free tickets. They are paying for them. The club has been cultivating a big Scottish support for a couple of years now. Man United and Liverpool grew their club and revenue doing the same thing in other countries.I’m not saying that I think that a Scottish school kid should get preference to a local blue, but the business model disctates we have to grow our attendances and this is one way of doing it.
They’re clearly getting subsidised tickets/help from the club.

I disagree with the ‘business model’. Local schools should be prioritised in my opinion. We don’t have to copy United or Liverpool either. Whose core support now watch games at home.

As I said poverty rates are huge across Manchester and loads of those kids would have loved to been at the Madrid game. I think it’s fair and right that they should be the ones getting those tickets at the top of the east stand for instance. Not groups from Scotland or wales - most of whom probably aren’t city fans.

Obviously kids from other areas will get tickets, but I think there needs to be some balance.

I’ll leave it at that and stop detailing the thread.

I watched the game on a stream 'ESPN VIVO' and it was good, called the game right, bt and sky fuck off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.