Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Another YouTube plastic modern day fan doing that “shocked” face to get clicks.

TBF it's just a thumbnail but it's a great video. FWIW I don't think we have a massive atmosphere problem, we just have to appreciate that certain songs don't create mass atmosphere. Blue Moon gets sung all around the ground. The Dzeko chant doesn't.

If the North stand renovation happens then the club does have a huge opportunity to relocate the Family Stand and have another standing section behind that goal. Will they do it? I'm not sure.

It’s no wonder we don’t have a consistent atmosphere when some Blues are bitter that Edin Dzeko has a song sung about him. Both Edin and Kolarov have continued to show their passion for the Blues. Unlike some players who were idolised when they played for us like Jimmy Milner.

Maybe we need to bring back songs that more of the long term fans / FOCs used to join in with. “We shall not, we shall not be moved ...” and “When the Blues go marching in” were North stand favourites at Maine Road IIRC

It’s no wonder we don’t have a consistent atmosphere when some Blues are bitter that Edin Dzeko has a song sung about him. Both Edin and Kolarov have continued to show their passion for the Blues. Unlike some players who were idolised when they played for us like Jimmy Milner.

Maybe we need to bring back songs that more of the long term fans / FOCs used to join in with. “We shall not, we shall not be moved ...” and “When the Blues go marching in” were North stand favourites at Maine Road IIRC

I'm not bitter, I just don't think it's a song that travels well. It's always an atmosphere killer. By the time it travels around the ground it's over, it's too fast and doesn't allow people to join in.

I think it's better in an away capacity, but there's been many a big game where that song has been sung and the atmosphere has just flattened. Blue Moon and We're Not Really Here always travel round the ground.

I'm not bitter, I just don't think it's a song that travels well. It's always an atmosphere killer. By the time it travels around the ground it's over, it's too fast and doesn't allow people to join in.

I think it's better in an away capacity, but there's been many a big game where that song has been sung and the atmosphere has just flattened. Blue Moon and We're Not Really Here always travel round the ground.
True mate. Also, other songs like “Empty Seats at Home” don’t travel round the ground but are good sung along the safe standing blocks.

You’re bang on, and I’ve been banging on about this for years now. It turns out that 1894 group, who I refuse to slate, are actively trying to start the clapalong chants like that. It’s a mistake, especially early in the game. The first five minutes is crucial for the occasional singers around the ground. If others are singing they will. It’s basic crowd psychology.
True mate. Also, other songs like “Empty Seats at Home” don’t travel round the ground but are good sung along the safe standing blocks.

Another YouTube plastic modern day fan doing that “shocked” face to get clicks.
Cheesoo I did not post the video for the you tuber, I posted it to show how ultra fans in their own section can make a difference to a game, ie the Yellow Wall with drums flairs etc and marches before the game. Look at today's game at Anfield there crowd is there 12 man and we will get welcome to Anfield treatment before the game. The EPL may be the most competitive league in the world but regarding the atmosphere in the grounds, we getting beaten by teams Austria and Denmark now and even Scotland.

I think a few simple improveme tsp could be made. Blues say they want tradition rather than drums so how about having a well placed bell or two signalling the ground to chant “Come on City.” That would reflect the ebb and flow of the game too.

Reintroducing extras loyalty points (say 20 points max) for Blues who bring 4 or more mates to a game. That’s more likely to get more Blues in the ground for early rounds if the Cup rather than neutrals.

I think a few simple improveme tsp could be made. Blues say they want tradition rather than drums so how about having a well placed bell or two signalling the ground to chant “Come on City.” That would reflect the ebb and flow of the game too.

Reintroducing extras loyalty points (say 20 points max) for Blues who bring 4 or more mates to a game. That’s more likely to get more Blues in the ground for early rounds if the Cup rather than neutrals.
air horns.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.