Etihad atmosphere

People acting like leaving football matches early is something that never happened are wrong, as its always gone on just in today's day and age society is so much more busier with work and other play that we as a society have less time, so more people do it.
Long queuing times for transport don't help either.

Atmosphere would be much much better if standing, cheap entry and so on was brought back but big business dictates and for me it looks like city are happy with the happy clappers, half n half scarfers, families and robots doing press ups.

Seems big business is ethnically cleansing Manchester as a whole city with many people from all over the world now living in MCR.
Cranes everywhere with many apartments owned by Chinese people.

The typical manc is becoming less and less, and more tourists have started to appear in the stadium.

When the rags play at home MCR city centre is full of Irish and southerners.
Yes when we play at home many mancs are floating about but I'm seeing alot more East Asians carrying shopping bags from city store.

As with many old timer Rags, they were priced out, stopped going due to the shit atmosphere due to tourists.

Its happening right now.

if your talking about the city centre then i agree, but where the people live - gorton, wythenshawe, burnage ( suburbs of manchester) for example thats where the typical manc lives and always has, never really in the centre. we have way less tourists then any other top club or london club. even then teams like sunderland gets tourists at their ground, so its every club.

Last edited:
I don't get all this reminiscing about the good old days. I don't remember it like that.

We had good atmospheres some of the time but most were shite.

Numbers have been up and down too.

Nowadays we live in world where mobile phones/social media are more important than anything to young people. They are glued to people's hands.

A lot of people who go to watch us now go out of habit. It's nothing to do with the tourists. Our fan base in general is aging.

I can see why people left after the third went in. Just sick of seeing the same old shite defending time after time which has been going on for 18 months now.

Going back to last season we have won 6 out of our last 14 home games in the league. I think that's where the nervousness comes from and the apathy.

Great post, I only go now out of duty and habit they whole thing leaves me cold, I've started leaving on 85 minutes, get a lift and don't want them waiting around for me as they are on the first tier and I'm on the third, absolutely loathe the match day experience and tedious Groundhog Day every home game doesn't help matters.

if you talking about the city centre then i agree, but where the people live - gorton, wythenshawe, burnage ( suburbs of manchester) for example thats where the typical manc lives and always has, never really in the centre. we have way less tourists then any other top club or london club. even then even teams like sunderland gets tourists at their ground, so its every club.

We do have less tourists than most and the average match going blue is the same more or less it has always been recently only older. There was a newspaper article this year about us not attracting day trippers and out of towners and how despite the success we are still very much a locally supported club and when the locals don't tip up for cup games we don't have day trippers and out of towners to take up the slack.

We do have less tourists than most and the average match going blue is the same more or less it has always been recently only older. There was a newspaper article this year about us not attracting day trippers and out of towners and how despite the success we are still very much a locally supported club and when the locals don't tip up for cup games we don't have day trippers and out of towners to take up the slack.

yea i remember that. its not the best indication, but watch blue moon rising tv, the majority on it are locals. even listen to the people around you, we've kept most our fan base. we do have more tourists, but compare that to old trafford and its a tiny amount.

yea i remember that. its not the best indication, but watch blue moon rising tv, the majority on it are locals. even listen to the people around you, we've kept most our fan base. we do have more tourists, but compare that to old trafford and its a tiny amount.
This

I don't get all this reminiscing about the good old days. I don't remember it like that.

We had good atmospheres some of the time but most were shite.

Numbers have been up and down too.

Nowadays we live in world where mobile phones/social media are more important than anything to young people. They are glued to people's hands.

A lot of people who go to watch us now go out of habit. It's nothing to do with the tourists. Our fan base in general is aging.

I can see why people left after the third went in. Just sick of seeing the same old shite defending time after time which has been going on for 18 months now.

Going back to last season we have won 6 out of our last 14 home games in the league. I think that's where the nervousness comes from and the apathy.

Good post again mate, habit is the word , a sense of duty springs to mind, said it before but shit loads of empty seats at our biggest game of the season , hardly sell out these days .

It's not just us though it's the same all over the PL.

The bubble has burst - it happened to the Italian league in the 90's and it's happening here.

Good post again mate, habit is the word , a sense of duty springs to mind, said it before but shit loads of empty seats at our biggest game of the season , hardly sell out these days .

It's not just us though it's the same all over the PL.

The bubble has burst - it happened to the Italian league in the 90's and it's happening here.

The seats generally are sold but for whatever reason those who have bought the seat don't always attend. I remember hearing a discussion about the atmosphere on the city watch podcast and somebody mentioned that our support is jaded and I can't disagree.

I
The seats generally are sold but for whatever reason those who have bought the seat don't always attend. I remember hearing a discussion about the atmosphere on the city watch podcast and somebody mentioned that our support is jaded and I can't disagree.

It's a shit atmosphere at every PL game , overpriced bullshit, you can bet Newcastle ,Villa and Leeds fans have a better match day laugh than PL sides do,sell out , get pissed.

Our best chants are about the good old days and that speaks volumes.

Sort the waiting time out at the bars and let us drink and take drugs in our seats. Then leave it to us to mentor the tourists.
Allow impromptu arm wrestling competitions with showsec staff to resolve issues on the spot.
And other such constructive stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.