Etihad atmosphere

club have brought it on themselves, from the early days of moving everyone out of the north stand, to present day of going more and more corporate everywhere you look. The cheesy "match day experience" isn't for me. The facilities are getting worse, getting to and away from the ground is a pain in the arse. The club are making it harder and harder for you to pass on your season cards to family or pals if you can't make a game, It's just seems more of a chore the last couple of years and I think a lot of people are just going out of habit and can't wait to get in then get out.

Yep mate , Sums it up perfectly

Too many "spectators" and not enough "supporters"
Spectators are there to sit and watch and be entertained. Supporters get behind their team and encourage and sing and are more emotionaly involved in what is happening out on the pitch

Said It several times but the singing section would be better off in the south stand 3rd tier. Noise from up there seems to travel far better. I struggle to hear anything from the lower tiers in the gods and that's not to say they aren't singing because I can see them clapping it just doesn't travel.

I've a memory like a fish but recently, Klopp and Pep have tried to get the crowd going. Did managers feel the need to get the crowd going 10+ years ago? Don't think so.

Football is tribal but most of the tribe can't afford to get in. The tourists go there to feel the atmosphere and take it away at the same time.

it was miles better at maine road. a standing section will make a difference, if we have it in the north stand - a full singing end. and the south stand.
How?
If the people in different areas of the ground don't sing now, why do you think that moving them to a different part of the ground, to a view they don't enjoy as much, will make them sing more?
I find this idea really strange

How?
If the people in different areas of the ground don't sing now, why do you think that moving them to a different part of the ground, to a view they don't enjoy as much, will make them sing more?
I find this idea really strange

The reason the atmosphere has improved over the last couple of seasons ( stand in the SS behind goals and you can tell ) is because fans that want to sing have been able to congregate in block 115 rather than spread out amongst non singing seated fans. If fans are to sing they need to be with like minded supporters, when on their own they wont sing. Football is tribal ( for the supporters not spectators ) and unless there is a few in a tribe you wont voice your support.

If in the next year or two we have safestanding in the new north stand, then you will see a bigger difference, cheaper seats, easier to congregate, like minded singers together to "encourage" each other. At the moment if a singer is in tier 3 east level he or she wont sing.

Level three in SS has generated singers as the season cards are cheaper, but its to far away from the pitch and not in view to the game or players. Singers ( tribal ) like to be in on the action as though part of the game. Also players like to see the fans close to the pitch that sing.

Do people honestly believe there are more 'tourists' now than before? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure we do get more 'one game a season visitors' but I see the same faces near me as I have since we moved to the Etihad! Are our fans not just growing old, more expectant and thus less supportive when the chips are down?

There's no excuse for it. We watch brilliant football, managed by the best manager in the world, in the best stadium in the country, for less than most other premiership clubs charge.

I had a go at some bloke behind me on Saturday. He was genuinely calling a little kid (maybe 10 years old) a **** for waving his flag when we were 3-1 down. He's in 115 - a block EVERYONE knows is a singing section where people were told flags/banners were going to be waved. If you don't like that fuck off to a different block.

If you're in 115 and don't join in the songs, move and let someone that will join in into that area. Spent half the game trying to get songs going just for people to stand around whinging. Then you get someone saying the new singing section is a myth, who hasn't joined in a song this entire season or done anything to help.

My favourite song of the day was 'if you don't sing, we'll bring a drum'. I'm all for that, cause at this moment in time no-one bothers anyway - you can shove you're 'cool, arms folded, non-existent' atmosphere where the sun don't shine!

The reason the atmosphere has improved over the last couple of seasons ( stand in the SS behind goals and you can tell ) is because fans that want to sing have been able to congregate in block 115 rather than spread out amongst non singing seated fans. If fans are to sing they need to be with like minded supporters, when on their own they wont sing. Football is tribal ( for the supporters not spectators ) and unless there is a few in a tribe you wont voice your support.

If in the next year or two we have safestanding in the new north stand, then you will see a bigger difference, cheaper seats, easier to congregate, like minded singers together to "encourage" each other. At the moment if a singer is in tier 3 east level he or she wont sing.

Level three in SS has generated singers as the season cards are cheaper, but its to far away from the pitch and not in view to the game or players. Singers ( tribal ) like to be in on the action as though part of the game. Also players like to see the fans close to the pitch that sing.
Back at Maine Road I was a citycard holder so would have been in different parts of the ground for nearly every home games, if in the Gene Kelly, sometimes I would sing, sometimes I wouldn't, the same when I was in the North or Main stands. When we moved to Eastlands I had a ST in 305, sometimes I would join in, sometimes I wouldn't, know I'm back to the citizens card, sometimes I sing, sometimes I don't.
These depend on a range of things, but mainly events on the pitch.
At Newcastle away, every time I have been, the atmosphere among the travelling support has been superb, despite being given a great view up in the sky, & Yaya certainly seemed to know and appreciate the backing when he scored twice in the last 20 odd minutes.
A safe standing level 1 north stand would hold 5,000 (approx), the SS currently holds about 3,000 home fans.
Do you think we have 8,000+ fans that want to sing all game every game?
Will fans that currently enjoy the view they have suddenly start singing more when moved (against their will) to a view many will consider inferior?
I doubt it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.