Etihad atmosphere

completley disagree. if you went to the hamburg game or the rag sen final. blue moon sung by the whole ground is spine tingling.

your telling me thats not good ?

or this one

They are of that moment. When the whole crowd sings any song it's spine tingling. However when we are playing Everton at home and it's nil nil and flat the south stand starting a rendition of blue moon doesn't get the blood of the crowd or players pumping. In fact I would say it kills the atmosphere further.

They are of that moment. When the whole crowd sings any song it's spine tingling. However when we are playing Everton at home and it's nil nil and flat the south stand starting a rendition of blue moon doesn't get the blood of the crowd or players pumping. In fact I would say it kills the atmosphere further.

i agree, but thats because not enough people are joining in. if everyone in the south stand started singing it the atmosphere would go up and more people around the ground would join in. its not just any song though, this song its pretty much our main anthem and is our best one. ( when everyone sings it) i can't think of any songs sung louder or as passionately as the videos above.

completley disagree. if you went to the hamburg game or the rag sen final. blue moon sung by the whole ground is spine tingling.

your telling me thats not good ?

or this one

Of course, on those occasions (and probably a few others).

Where have all these 'Blue Moon is shit' comments come from?! Only when it's a quarter of the ground singing half-hearted.

I have no idea it's connection with the club. Is it because the word blue is in the song?

It's utterly dreadful,

Blue moon you saw me standing alone without a dream in my heart without a love of my own, blue moon. Then it stops and all goes quiet. 10 seconds.

We need some lively funny songs.

How about "Knees up Mother Blue"...8)

When they eventually build the North stand they should name it the Kippax stand. That may help..
We definitely meet to have a proper home end.

The pep song isn't great, it worked once well at Stoke but now, the atmospheres dead and you hear people sing it. Why? No idea. I think our fans prefer to sing about him than our actual club. Manchester City. Easy songs repeated - Blue army! repeat it sing it louder and louder. The same with "CITY, CITY" "COME ON CITY". Theres loads of songs, we've got but loads dont know them even the singing section and they always resort to singing about Pep and Zaba when he isnt even playing!

We just seem not to want to get behind our team. Forget about the players songs lets just get behind the team, in name, Manchester City the actual reason we turn up! I said to my mates the only thing I was impressed with was how many songs Celtic had and how they didn't really sing about a player from what I could hear.

City should have moved the singing section to the 3rd tier of the south stand close to the front so they could generate the whole of that tier to sing. Forget the south stand bottom tier there isn't enough fans for it to carry well, you can keep the flags and stuff down there they dont really look great and dont add anything!

Youre the only for me City is a good song. I'm going Leicester so I might try sing it!
I take your point with the issue of the same songs getting repetitive, but we are our own club...I don't wanna be like Celtic who have the same 4 songs on loop all game singing about the same thing i.e. "Ceeeeewwwtic".

They don't have any songs for their players as their fanbase most probably don't form any attachment with their best players so to speak and they simply dont have that mentality of cheering on a particular favourite of the fans i.e. Aguero or de Bruyne or komps etc but rather the club they have always supported.

Where as I personally don't mind singing about why zabba is harder than jaap Staam whilst pissed up watching the game, each to their own.

I take your point with the issue of the same songs getting repetitive, but we are our own club...I don't wanna be like Celtic who have the same 4 songs on loop all game singing about the same thing i.e. "Ceeeeewwwtic".

They don't have any songs for their players as their fanbase most probably don't form any attachment with their best players so to speak and they simply dont have that mentality of cheering on a particular favourite of the fans i.e. Aguero or de Bruyne or komps etc but rather the club they have always supported.

Where as I personally don't mind singing about why zabba is harder than jaap Staam whilst pissed up watching the game, each to their own.

they had loads of songs about their players last night. dembele, scott brown, tierney, brendan rodgers. it was refreshing to see a fan base actually support their club and sing songs just about celtic, rather than just sing about their rivals like we do.

I'm getting bored of our Guardiola song to be fair, some of the old ones need to make a comeback. They did occasionally last night.

I can always tell when the atmosphere is getting worse when the chants about United start. Rags love us singing about them. I hate that "Hark now hear" song now....that should only be ever sung the game before the derby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.