Etihad atmosphere

I don't know what the answer is really. But I do wonder how much of this angst is down to the impact on individuals' (who go) enjoyment of the match, and how much is down to people worrying about the bad impression on TV, Rags taking the mickey, etc., etc.

I'll be honest; I don't go much these days for a variety of reasons to tedious to set out. When I do go, I invariably stay to the end. But the guy who goes at 80 minutes has the right to if he wants, just as a guy who buys a pint has the right to walk out of the pub with an inch still left in the glass. I don't know what you can do to persuade him to stay, although sorting out the transport issues would be a help.

As to atmosphere - more often than not, if you raise your voice or clap for more than two seconds some people stare at you as if they suspect you've just got out of a secure unit. The crowd is very middle class and conformist these days. Half of them are too busy talking about their clients or studying their phones to watch the match. I honestly don't know why a lot of them go, unless they think it's 'cool' or something.

some bits of the crowd are like that, but the majority of it isn't the prawn sandwich brigade. we haven't suddenly just lost all of our working class fans.

1 - This was called out a while ago by someone who did some checking of the empty seats and it was clear it was season ticket holders who were oonly turning up for the big games. From that there was a suggestion that we employ a ?Bayern? style of lose your season ticket if you dont show up. I thought it was on the cards and City would do it.

If city took season tickets off people cos they missed a few games a season there would be outcry.

I for one have only missed a handful of home games in 25 years, and only then through illness. Until this season where i had to miss 5 in a row as i'd just given birth! Is that allowed? Each time this season those tickets sold on ticket exchange so my seat wasn't empty. Therefore why should i be "punished" for "not going" and having my ticket took off me by the club? City are my life, having a baby changes things but i still plan on going to all he home matches as long as my partner can look after our baby so i can still get there with my mum. But if i had to miss one if he was ill, do i deserve to have my city loyalty questioned??

I am going to have to miss arsenal as mum is in hospital as an emergency, and my partner is also down south visiting his own mother who is ill in a care home, so there is no one to look after my 12 week old baby. Yet we will be ok to get back to normal and go to the burnley match.
So yeah, missing arsenal, going to burnley - is that me only "turning up for the big games".
(oh and my seat wont be empty tomorrow as it sold within 8 minutes of me listing it yesteradty)

some bits of the crowd are like that, but the majority of it isn't the prawn sandwich brigade. we haven't suddenly just lost all of our working class fans.

I must admit, because I don't go often, and because I'm too old and knackered to do the jack-in-the-box routine or stand up all game, I do tend to go in the relatively posh bits. Though not the corporate areas, as I ain't rich.

If city took season tickets off people cos they missed a few games a season there would be outcry.

I for one have only missed a handful of home games in 25 years, and only then through illness. Until this season where i had to miss 5 in a row as i'd just given birth! Is that allowed? Each time this season those tickets sold on ticket exchange so my seat wasn't empty. Therefore why should i be "punished" for "not going" and having my ticket took off me by the club? City are my life, having a baby changes things but i still plan on going to all he home matches as long as my partner can look after our baby so i can still get there with my mum. But if i had to miss one if he was ill, do i deserve to have my city loyalty questioned??

I am going to have to miss arsenal as mum is in hospital as an emergency, and my partner is also down south visiting his own mother who is ill in a care home, so there is no one to look after my 12 week old baby. Yet we will be ok to get back to normal and go to the burnley match.
So yeah, missing arsenal, going to burnley - is that me only "turning up for the big games".
(oh and my seat wont be empty tomorrow as it sold within 8 minutes of me listing it yesteradty)
We are talking about on a regular basis not having a go at you in your situation.

I don't see why someone who buys a season ticket and then only turns up for the important games should get away with it that's nothing you should take personally

We are talking about on a regular basis not having a go at you in your situation.

I don't see why someone who buys a season ticket and then only turns up for the important games should get away with it that's nothing you should take personally

Club have had their revenue for that seat though so I can't see them being overly bothered by a few thousand no shows as long as they have had their money. They do seem more concerned by the leaving early brigade though judging by peps recent comments.

If you take them off all who miss games then the stadium would never sell out. The match day prices are so expensive it is worth a lot of people's while to only go when they want.

They should do a prize of free season ticket for the next season - lotto/random draw of seat number/row/block - can only claim in stadium after game. That'll keep most in for the final whistle.

Mate when we can't get to the game I cannot even give my tickets away to my mates, there is that much apathy about the match day experience.

If you take them off all who miss games then the stadium would never sell out. The match day prices are so expensive it is worth a lot of people's while to only go when they want.

Exactly the problem, 10 -12 matches can cover the cost of the season ticket, so if you can make 14+ games then your saving money over match day tickets, less stress about getting a ticket, more points and priority booking for aways & finals etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.