Etihad atmosphere

Everyone on this thread let's make Sunday bounce. Have a few beers , get in the mood. Let's get right behind the team until the very last kick and smash those London soft sods.

If my 9 year old wants to nip off early from the family stand he can wait outside for me!

Seriously let's give it some on Sunday

Ggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Exactly. This needs to be the attitude for every home game but let's start on Sunday! Come on city!

There is obviously a real disconnect with the club and some of the fans, speaking for myself I loathe the match day experience and only attend because I feel it is my duty, I feel little identity with the players and the whole antiseptic nature of home games leave me cold.

I think our fans are the polar opposite of the emotional incontinents who support the Red degenerates at either end of the east Lancs, we are cynical, undemonstrative and not easily pleased, we have always bickered and moaned, we are more individualistic and less United than many sets of supporters so the apathy is really nothing new.

whats the difference between now and a few years ago. we had all the same gimmicky cheese a few seasons ago, wveve even got rid of of that awful presenter at half time now and you can always just stay on the concourse. The players haven't had a connection to fans in years and the ones that did, i.e. zaba and kompany are still at city. if you feel like its a duty why do you go ? honest question.

the last bit i dont agree with. when we were shit our fans were very united and known for being one of the most loyal supporters in england. The better we get, best owner, best manager, best players -fans dont seem to enjoy that. i dont understand it.

There is obviously a real disconnect with the club and some of the fans, speaking for myself I loathe the match day experience and only attend because I feel it is my duty

Not being funny mate but you have no duty and you might as well save yourself a few quid.

Either someone will fill your seat or there will be another one empty but, if you do genuinely "loathe the match day experience", you don't sound like you're adding anything to the support and you don't owe the club your money. It's just nonsensical.

Not being funny mate but you have no duty and you might as well save yourself a few quid.

Either someone will fill your seat or there will be another one empty but, if you do genuinely "loathe the match day experience", you don't sound like you're adding anything to the support and you don't owe the club your money. It's just nonsensical.

To be honest I wonder myself but I'm far more animated at games than virtually every one around me in SS3, I'm foaming at the mouth at refereeing decisions and the like while most are looking at their phones. It's just incredibly frustrating and I've felt like this ever since the Aquero moments, maybe it's age but I rarely get a buzz now and yet get really excited visiting new grounds, buying Rothmans yearbooks on Amazon and filling up my city programme collection, it's all very strange of you had asked me 20 years ago of I'd feel this way I'd have split my sides laughing.

You are spot on but then again if I didn't go I'd be thinking I'd miss out if we really did have an atmosphere and a great occasion.

You are spot on but then again if I didn't go I'd be thinking I'd miss out if we really did have an atmosphere and a great occasion.

Of course you would miss out but if those days are getting fewer and further between for you then just be more selective about which matches you attend. I admire that you back the team regardless but I'm sure a lot of the boo boys started off feeling the same way and their 'support' just turned in to a way of vocalising their bitterness.

Think of it like a relationship; if the feeling isn't there for you any more then you shouldn't try and force the issue; it will just turn into something you never wanted it to be.

its embarrassing going to a game nowadays..

the crowd is so quiet and a lot go home before the end..

one way to lift the atmosphere is to get rid of that dreary and boring bluemoon song..

we need some of the old ones back.

maybe get a drum

I think the idea of the Bayern season ticket rule sounds reasonable. It will either encourage the fans to go consistently or give up their season ticket altogether allowing someone on the waiting list (if we have one) to purchase a season ticket. Peps comments this week showed how shocked he must've been by the mass exodus. I guess thats the first time he's experienced such poor support.

Last edited:
On a average the trip and back to the ground can take me 8-12 hours and it's so depressing to feel no atmosphere at the game. Lower league football has better atmosphere. Only managed one away game this year to Swansea and have much more passion from the fans. The etihad is full of people who like to moan from my experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.