Etihad atmosphere

On a average the trip and back to the ground can take me 8-12 hours and it's so depressing to feel no atmosphere at the game. Lower league football has better atmosphere. Only managed one away game this year to Swansea and have much more passion from the fans. The etihad is full of people who like to moan from my experience.

Rugby League with an 8000 crowd has a better atmosphere than us!

its embarrassing going to a game nowadays..

the crowd is so quiet and a lot go home before the end..

one way to lift the atmosphere is to get rid of that dreary and boring bluemoon song..

we need some of the old ones back.

maybe get a drum

Reading your post like

giphy.gif

Are there enough places for us to get together before the match? Only Mary D's on Grey Mare Lane is still open and it's very quiet in there now in comparison to how it was.

Are there enough places for us to get together before the match? Only Mary D's on Grey Mare Lane is still open and it's very quiet in there now in comparison to how it was.

Why would that matter?

People have different routines on where they go pre match. They could drink/meet up with people in town, pubs, at the stadium etc.

I do think people from the south stand go to Mary d's because they can have a drink or 2 and walk straight into the ground from there.

Don't think it would help the atmosphere if we had more pubs around the grounds. Probably increase the number of late arrivals and early leavers though!

Starting from the Arsenal game, I definitely think we need more of a hostile atmosphere.

Against Everton, Arsenal couldn't handle their intensity spurred on by the crowd - if the crowd is up for it we will beat them as the players will raise their game.

Replace the moans of a misplaced pass etc with COME ON CITY.

The only reason that anyone is arsed about the 'atmosphere' is because SKY/BT are, a quiet stadium, half full detracts from ther hyperbole and reduces a match which they've been overstating the importance of
Not so. It's about football culture.

I'm not a football fan just because of the blokes who kick the bag of wind around the grass for 60minutes and spend the other 34minutes cheating in an array of ways from diving to pretending to be injured to time wasting; if it was just about that I'd have switched off from this sport years ago because it's not actually that good half the time.

I'm a football fan in huge part because of the fan culture. Football is 50% about the game and 50% about the atmosphere. Chanting, ranting, singing, shouting, standing with mates, drinking all day and night with mates around the game. When that's shit, you realise you're left with a sport that is nowhere near as good as it should be because of all the cheating and lack of video technology.

The thing is, we can do something about the atmosphere so should be imploring each and every City fan to improve on it because the many fans like me will enjoy the sport more because of it.

Fair enough mate. I just remember the fire drill in SS3 when we're chasing the equaliser against Manure in the Etihad Derby. It affects all parts of the ground like you say and there are sometimes good reasons for people to leave early (but not that many!)
For many fans it's just a habit. No excuses of "I can't get home before my Mummy makes my hot chocolate before bed", simply habit.

My old man used to have us leaving on 85 minutes right through my childhood and there was absolutely no reason for it. It wasn't to get me home earlier on a school night because he did it every Saturday game n'all. It was literally because he got in the habit of doing it.

I hated it (think on that Dads who do it to your kids) and I've never left a game early as an adult.

I don't know what the answer is really. But I do wonder how much of this angst is down to the impact on individuals' (who go) enjoyment of the match, and how much is down to people worrying about the bad impression on TV, Rags taking the mickey, etc., etc.

I'll be honest; I don't go much these days for a variety of reasons to tedious to set out. When I do go, I invariably stay to the end. But the guy who goes at 80 minutes has the right to if he wants, just as a guy who buys a pint has the right to walk out of the pub with an inch still left in the glass. I don't know what you can do to persuade him to stay, although sorting out the transport issues would be a help.

As to atmosphere - more often than not, if you raise your voice or clap for more than two seconds some people stare at you as if they suspect you've just got out of a secure unit. The crowd is very middle class and conformist these days. Half of them are too busy talking about their clients or studying their phones to watch the match. I honestly don't know why a lot of them go, unless they think it's 'cool' or something.

Just watching the Palace game and I have to say, I hate their kind of atmosphere. That drum started doing my head in after 5minutes and it's not stopped being twatted for 88minutes

Why would that matter?

People have different routines on where they go pre match. They could drink/meet up with people in town, pubs, at the stadium etc.

I do think people from the south stand go to Mary d's because they can have a drink or 2 and walk straight into the ground from there.

Don't think it would help the atmosphere if we had more pubs around the grounds. Probably increase the number of late arrivals and early leavers though!

I was actually hoping the atmosphere might transfer from the pub(s) to the ground. New songs introduced etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.