Etihad atmosphere

There are a number of factors and some have already been mentioned, but in general the atmosphere declines by club the further up the table you go.

Etihad was dire in 2003/08. It's been good this season but you'll always get quiet games. There is an expectancy level now for the team to be winning at home every week.

The thing i'd change is more of an effort to get the North Stand singing. Create a singing/standing block there and have both ends vocal would make a difference. Someone mentioned the kids wanting to sing, but they need adults there to start the songs.

A few observations. The atmosphere is certainly better now, than it has ever been at the Etihad. When I watch match replays on tv after being at the match, I am amazed how crowd noise has been diluted. Silva got a fantastic reception, for example, but hardly came across. There are certainly more visitors. Against Everton last year, for example, 4 lads from Norway were sitting beside me, who walked out after Kun was crocked because they'd only went to watch him.
Another thing that I have noticed is that, with the acoustics in the stadium, different stands are singing different songs at the same time. I have often struggled to hear the singing section from SS318. There are plenty that do sing in our section, but we tend to take up on songs that we can hear, or start our own chants on occasions. Apart from the teenager that sits next to me, that is. He had moved from the family stand & sticks his fingers in his ears because of the noise.

I'm not convinced that we've lost the old fan base. I think the same 25k or so have been coming for the last 30 years. I'm not sure that we need Blues at the ground who would rather watch the game in the pub - when the Club sells £299 season cards

Were not used to getting crowds of over 50k so there are few thousand of fairly new fans too. However, that said, research has shown that we have a very loyal fan base.

It's not the 70s, 80s or 90s. We have more older fans and we are not as passionate as we used to be!

Etihad was dire in 2003/08. It's been good this season but you'll always get quiet games. There is an expectancy level now for the team to be winning at home every week.

The thing i'd change is more of an effort to get the North Stand singing. Create a singing/standing block there and have both ends vocal would make a difference. Someone mentioned the kids wanting to sing, but they need adults there to start the songs.

Did you see any of the preseason games in the USA in the summer? One game (was it salt lake???) had crowd signing/chanting (sort of) conductors like they do in Germany, it was great, we should do that in the singing blocks,

I sing a lot anyway but I think every fan would be encouraged to sing more if it was organised better, and if It was the norm to sing,

I was too cold to take my hands out of my pockets. Thankfully the lad next to me is huge so I cuddled into him to keep warm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.