Etihad atmosphere

First we need to work out how to fill all those empty seats particulary in the family stand. Utter disgrace. Looks terrible on TV We are supposed to be one of he top clubs in Europe. If the families dont want to come cos its raining then they shudnt be buying season tickets. The owners are running a top club not a fuckin kindergarten ffs.

(all together now)
I believe the children are our future...

I think losing the poznan was huge. It was a classic icebreaker and got random strangers relaxed so they'd start to joke and sing.
It desperately needs bringing back.

So true, if it gets the fans moving; although I don't think the weather yesterday helped the atmosphere and the noise. There are new people around me on the other side of the aisle and I was getting some very strange looks yesterday when I started 'singing' the 'Our Argentinian Blues' song and Blue Moon!! It could have been because I was, once again, 'singing' alone!!

I sit (as you all know I'm sure, I mention it often enough!!) on the front row of my aisle and it was flaming wet yesterday but a lovely steward gave me a plastic poncho thing which was brilliant.

What we do NOT need is that embarrassing, cringeworthy, couple of clowns trying to get the fans to cheer City, City, City!! That was appalling.

First we need to work out how to fill all those empty seats particulary in the family stand. Utter disgrace. Looks terrible on TV We are supposed to be one of he top clubs in Europe. If the families dont want to come cos its raining then they shudnt be buying season tickets. The owners are running a top club not a fuckin kindergarten ffs.

wouldn't know plus not arsed

Plenty of Grandads and Granny's still keeping the faith like that fella who used to be six foot two tall with hair (on the look what it's done to me video) he'd followed us for 70years and I think there's still plenty like him about bringing the next generation to games.

And your point is? We may be old but we can still go along and give our support for our team. Does it matter what age profile there is as long as we support our team 100%?
No need to get so touchy EB :-)

I think it's fair to say that not every football supporter over the age of 40 is as vocal or enthusiastic as you or me, compared to those in their late teens and twenties. The greater the average age of the crowd the more that is bound to impose itself in a commensurate way on the atmosphere.

Has bluemoon died out? Never hear it anymore.
Did they drop the pre-match thing where they cut the lights and have the blue moon rising on the big screen? That shit looked epic and created a buzz even watching on TV.

Also, they should play a more traditional version of "Blue Moon" for the fans to sing along to. The pop rock version lacks something imo.

The only times there were empty seats were around the half and fulltime. Stopped raining at half time, but those who were in the front rows are probably still drying out now.
there was plenty of empty seats most of the game especialy behind the goal where the family stand is .don't blame anyone near the front not taking there seats they must have been freezing as well as wet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.