Etihad atmosphere

So true, if it gets the fans moving; although I don't think the weather yesterday helped the atmosphere and the noise. There are new people around me on the other side of the aisle and I was getting some very strange looks yesterday when I started 'singing' the 'Our Argentinian Blues' song and Blue Moon!! It could have been because I was, once again, 'singing' alone!!

I sit (as you all know I'm sure, I mention it often enough!!) on the front row of my aisle and it was flaming wet yesterday but a lovely steward gave me a plastic poncho thing which was brilliant.

What we do NOT need is that embarrassing, cringeworthy, couple of clowns trying to get the fans to cheer City, City, City!! That was appalling.

fucking hell you weren't one of those in the group on either side (Colin bell and east stand) were you?!?!

Did they drop the pre-match thing where they cut the lights and have the blue moon rising on the big screen? That shit looked epic and created a buzz even watching on TV.

Also, they should play a more traditional version of "Blue Moon" for the fans to sing along to. The pop rock version lacks something imo.
The giant blue moon projection was on an Arsenal league cup game and a smaller version when we beat Chelsea a few days later. It looked fantastic but could only be effective on evening kick offs

Banners used to be prominent at City, but now they're not allowed.

An electronic version of said banner is beamed on advertising hoardings for about 5 mins of the afternoon. Manufactured football club these days unfortunately.

Banners used to be prominent at City, but now they're not allowed.

An electronic version of said banner is beamed on advertising hoardings for about 5 mins of the afternoon. Manufactured football club these days unfortunately.

Geeze, that sucks. Loved seeing the old "Ireland is Superman" banner.

You have to wonder about the theory/logic behind those sorts of decisions.

Ground is nowhere near full 10 minutes before kickoff, thousands head for the exits on 40 minutes and there are thousands of empty seats at the start of the 2nd half. There is too much "artificial" fan rousing going on from the club before the game, a simple bluemoon rendition is plenty and any fan noise is getting drowned out by the tannoy system. All clubs are the same, only when it is a big game do the fans get excited no matter what club it is .

one thing i think would be good is when we expand the north stand, to either make the new third tier a singing section like the south stand or make level one north stand a singing section

Didn't go myself yesterday weather was bad so gave my season card to a mate. Watched on tv and have to say there were loads of empty seats, wasn't just at half time and full time as an earlier poster said it was like that throughout the whole game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.