Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

That Holt Town was originally mooted as the largest regeneration project in Europe (before any discussions about land around the Stadium and the subsequent Etihad Campus). I can see the Town Hall going hell for leather to get this kick started...desperate to have this type of development so close to the city centre.

droylsdenblue said:
7000 homes x say £100 per week rent = £36m per year....who would keep the income?
Since it appears MCC are trying to get Etihad and/or the Sheikh to invest £750 million then it's a bit early to answer that.

Prestwich_Blue said:
My understanding is that both MCC and ADUG would love to see the regeneration of Holt
Town but ADUG don't particularly want to pay for it.

Cheapskates

Prestwich_Blue said:
My understanding is that both MCC and ADUG would love to see the regeneration of Holt

There is a much greater desire to redevelop the housing/area around Mary D's though and there would be money made available for that.

fbloke said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

There is a much greater desire to redevelop the housing/area around Mary D's though and there would be money made available for that.
Would that mean a demolition of the pub?

IrelandSuperman said:
fbloke said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

That would be a bonus. ;-)

IrelandSuperman said:
fbloke said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

No idea, but I suspect that would be what people at MCFC and MCC would prefer.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2014/March/Laing-O-Rourke-appointed-as-Etihad-Stadium-construction-partner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... on-partner</a>?

Laing O'Rourke appointed as Etihad Stadium construction partner

Manchester City Football Club today announces that international engineering company Laing O’Rourke has been selected as the construction partner for the expansion of the Etihad Stadium. Ground engineering work on the site will begin with immediate effect.

An international company with a regional Manchester base, Laing O’ Rourke is familiar with the Etihad Campus site, having led construction of the stadium itself for the 2002 Commonwealth Games. The company also played a significant role in the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Global design practice Populous have worked with City from the initial feasibility stages of the project and will now oversee the construction phase of the project with Laing O’Rourke.

The appointment of Laing O’ Rourke follows the granting in February 2014 of planning permission to develop the North and South stands of the stadium, to eventually increase match capacity up to around 60 000. Prior to planning permission being given, the Club spent nine months consulting with fans, local residents and other stakeholders at a free exhibition on the Etihad Campus.

The first phase of construction will see the South Stand expanded by around 6000 seats, increasing stadium capacity from 48 000 to 54 000. The development of the North Stand is the second and later phase of construction, eventually taking the stadium to a capacity of 60 000.

The decision to increase the capacity of the Etihad Stadium has enabled the Club to introduce a new widely available £299 seasoncard and at the same time to improve the hospitality offering on site.

Significantly, and in line with all infrastructure developments undertaken by the Club, the expansion project provides both procurement and employment opportunities for the local community. 160 people will be employed through the project at its peak and up to 110 match day jobs will be created in this first phase alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.