Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Is it just me that reads that as an assumption that the north stand will be done as a matter of course?

fbloke said:
Is it just me that reads that as an assumption that the north stand will be done as a matter of course?

That's how it sounds to me too,in fact I got the impression the north could start before the South is finished, having said that rereading that is probably a bit of wishful thinking on my part.

fbloke said:

That's how I read that as there was no caveat attatched

I'd agree that 'no caveat' was mentioned, but do note that the background picture to the article is of the stadium with only the South Stand expanded
Manchester%20City%20Etihad%20stadium%20AER3_Polycarb_Current%20with%20badge%20credit%20Populous.ashx

citytill1die84 said:
How long is the South Stand going to take? Will it be done for start of 2014/2015 season?

No, 2015/16 is the plan.

What will the stadium capacity be reduced to while work is ongoing on the south stand?

I think it makes sense to do the South stand first... let that bed in, see what the take up of hospitality/£299 season tickets is and review ahead of the North stand expansion. In that time we will ideally be improving on the pitch as well, fan base will continue to grow and tickets will be available at a range of prices to suit interest. Perhaps they revise "family season tickets" to ensure games are accessible and affordable to the average family and keep the younger fans interested in attending. It seems to make sense to build up the demand rather than over supply and allow people to pick and choose games they wish to attend. That ensures loyalty and decent crowds at all home fixtures rather than the Barcelona style situation where El Clasico sells out but the majority of home games have considerably lower attendances.

gomoich said:
What will the stadium capacity be reduced to while work is ongoing on the south stand?

Apparently it won't be reduced at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.