Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

GXCity said:
blue dallas said:
When is the academy opening ?

Meant to be November but from what I saw on site today.......lets just say the programme is tight.

I quickly spoke to someone who works on the site on the bus today after he had finished his shift. He said (like others) that the next deadline in November but in his opinion, there's not really any chance of that happening and it will be tight for finishing at the start of next year.

He said today that people were painting the walls while carpet (very expensive carpet apparently!) was being laid at the same time. So it does seem to be all hands on deck!

I look forward to the day when I can take my kids to watch the eds in the morning,have a nice bit of lu ch and then watch the 1st team in the afternoon

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
I look forward to the day when I can take my kids to watch the eds in the morning,have a nice bit of lu ch and then watch the 1st team in the afternoon
Hopefully a couple of months away

simonmdm said:
GXCity said:
blue dallas said:

Meant to be November but from what I saw on site today.......lets just say the programme is tight.

I quickly spoke to someone who works on the site on the bus today after he had finished his shift. He said (like others) that the next deadline in November but in his opinion, there's not really any chance of that happening and it will be tight for finishing at the start of next year.

He said today that people were painting the walls while carpet (very expensive carpet apparently!) was being laid at the same time. So it does seem to be all hands on deck!

Haven't they got Nick Knowles in yet, and that nice sparky, Billy? Expensive carpet? That de niro?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
simonmdm said:
GXCity said:

Haven't they got Nick Knowles in yet, and that nice sparky, Billy? Expensive carpet? That de niro?

Don't tell me he got the contract ? No wonder he thinks the economy is in upturn !

simonmdm said:
GXCity said:
blue dallas said:

Well if they are painting walls and fitting carpets then we can't be far away from the job being finished.

pfazz said:
simonmdm said:
GXCity said:

Well if they are painting walls and fitting carpets then we can't be far away from the job being finished.
Could be that the construction is nearly finished but could still be a few months off the finished thing, they may have a nice building but they will have to move and kit out every room and get it ready, the IT infrastructure alone could take a month to do

oakiecokie said:
Mickeylad said:
Club must be in legal dispute with one of / the construction company at the academy. My brother has a law company in London and has been asked to represent the construction company.
He hasn't said yes to the job yet

Is this because of the possible lateness of the Academy being completed ? I always thought both parties had a clause in contracts ref "on completion date ...".
I assume it must be down to something else then.

Yes, should have been ready before season kick off

Made a trip over from Yorkshire bringing my daughter for her hen do and I went over to the ground today and took some photos, how do I upload them in here from my I phone.

There was even a mini ground built between the large screen and shop for an event today, amazing how people were around and in the shop on a Sunday morning.

cleavers said:
warpig said:
What about anfield? That would be third on my list,
LOL, the back 5 rows you can barely see the other end because of the upper tier extending down, and the front three or four rows you are mostly at shin pad level (though its better than the emirates). Swamp is ok for away fans, if you're not over 5'8", but I'm glad I'm not a home fan in the first 5 rows, they must struggle to see over the hill. Villa park improved noticeably when they moved away fans to the side, but its not great in the lower tier if you are near the front. Worst this year will be the £60 QPR, where you will be lucky to see both goals, wherever you sit. Palace is a shit hole too.

You can't surely judge a whole football stadium because of a crap view from the back five rows of the away end. dear god! and I thought we covered that any front row seat in world football is basically going to give you a crap view. Reading the rest of your comments. no disrespect, but you sound like a right old victor meldrew. Is that you that shouts "I DOOOOOONT BELIEEEEEEEEVE ITTTT!!" in 212 ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.