Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

Chancy Termites said:
Bluep*ss said:
Chancy Termites said:
If only! No, by the start of the 2015 season.

Thanks Termite - I thought mine was a daft question - So we will have a giant crane over the SS till maybe next May?.

Yes but no loss of seats during the work, which is good news.
I thought we were losing the last row of seats in the South stand 2nd tier. Those who sit there have been told they have to move for next seaon

kramer said:
Bluep*ss said:
Now that the Rugby League Magic Weekend has finished will the works start immediately.?
Is the South Stand expansion expected to be finished by August 2014.? - i.e. in time for new season .

Serious?

If your interested check the schedule of work, I posted, on Pg48

Still got the concerts to go yet.

Marvin said:
Chancy Termites said:
Bluep*ss said:
Thanks Termite - I thought mine was a daft question - So we will have a giant crane over the SS till maybe next May?.

I thought we were losing the last row of seats in the South stand 2nd tier. Those who sit there have been told they have to move for next seaon

as disruption goes that is pretty damn minimal

Was told at the magic weekend that there will be no summer events next year as the giant crane is going to be erected on the pitch.

Connell College just tweeted this

Hbhwr37.png

A football club building a school for local kids - that is real respect for people yaya !

Phase 1 – Enabling works

Site establishment, including removal of fencing to the rear of the South Stand and removal
of 2no. trees to allow access.

Undergrounds services relocations (from foot print of new stands subject to separate
planning application).

Phase 2 – Substructure works

Sub structure works (piling and foundations externally and internally)

Phase 3 – Advanced works (close season)

Deconstruction of legends lounge and other works at box level

Temporary propping and jacking to allow cutting back of existing roof

New Steelwork and concrete slab up to level one to form a protected route for the public

Installation of front row of columns for the new tier

Erection of the Tower Cranes

Relocation of pitch side services ready for additional seating

Phase 4 – Main Construction works

Super structure – New structural steel frame and metal decking slabs

Ground floor slab including drainage and service ducts

Inner bowl precast terracing

Roofing structure and coverings

External envelope

MEP installations

Internal fit out

Adjustment to the rear of the existing terrace

Formation of additional rows of seating pitch side

External works

Phase 5 - Completion works (Final close season)

Closed season works (existing roof removal and terrace completion)

Testing and Commissioning
When will the Tower Crane(s) arrive? Mid July?

acton28 said:
Marvin said:
Chancy Termites said:

I understand what you mean (regarding infastructure) but when you are being told to bugger off to another part of the stadium after sitting around the same people for the best part of 20 years including Maine Road then to some it's not ""pretty damn minimal. All to make way for hospitality (probably). At least those who are having their seats "converted" to hospitality have an option to pay or move. If this affected half the South Stand pitch forks would be drawn but as it only affects a couple of hundred then it is "pretty damn minimal".

Rant over!

desperatedon said:
acton28 said:
Marvin said:

I understand what you mean (regarding infastructure) but when you are being told to bugger off to another part of the stadium after sitting around the same people for the best part of 20 years including Maine Road then to some it's not ""pretty damn minimal. All to make way for hospitality (probably). At least those who are having their seats "converted" to hospitality have an option to pay or move. If this affected half the South Stand pitch forks would be drawn but as it only affects a couple of hundred then it is "pretty damn minimal".

Rant over!
The old R Block from the North Stand at Maine Rd. Hope you can relocate nearby

acton28 said:
All this development and no mention of a greasy spoon on-site.

A greasy spoon is the last thing that needs to be built in light of recent events they should prioritise building retail outlets so that we have a celebrations card shop and a gregs on site so if we do forget birthdays in the future we'll have it covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.