Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site (cont

Also just had a letter telling me I have to move. Apparently they are shutting down the front row of level one all the way round the ground . Again no mention of this when I renewed. They will be putting three extra rows in the front. According to the letter I have to sort a new seat on Monday, but they don't say anything about finding out what seats are available to me. Also they say I will be given first option on pitch side seats for the following season, but having looked at the plans it looks like watching from a bloody foxhole.
Anyone else on the front row in the same boat?
Tempted to say just move me back one row but am not sure what to do really. Have asked my mates about where they sit but they are apparently surrounded by season ticket holders so that is a no go.

Slightly annoyed they hadn't mentioned this before but more annoyed that I only get Monday to sort it really, as I am at work while they are open and can't always "step out " to ring city .

shinpads said:
Also just had a letter telling me I have to move. Apparently they are shutting down the front row of level one all the way round the ground . Again no mention of this when I renewed. They will be putting three extra rows in the front. According to the letter I have to sort a new seat on Monday, but they don't say anything about finding out what seats are available to me. Also they say I will be given first option on pitch side seats for the following season, but having looked at the plans it looks like watching from a bloody foxhole.
Tempted to say just move me back one row but am not sure what to do really. Have asked my mates about where they sit but they are apparently surrounded by season ticket holders so that is a no go.

Slightly annoyed they hadn't mentioned this before but more annoyed that I only get Monday to sort it really, as I am at work while they are open and can't always "step out " to ring city .

Me and my lad used to sit in row 2 (or B if you will) and whilst we had no complaints about the view in general, we've moved a back about 10 rows and feel just as close to the pitch but with a much better view.

I would highly recommended seeing if you can keep in your same block (assuming you like it there) and just going back about 8+ rows (you really will not feel much further away from the pitch).

I certainly wouldn't go back to the lower rows now.

FanchesterCity said:
shinpads said:

Me and my lad used to sit in row 2 (or B if you will) and whilst we had no complaints about the view in general, we've moved a back about 10 rows and feel just as close to the pitch but with a much better view.

I would highly recommended seeing if you can keep in your same block (assuming you like it there) and just going back about 8+ rows (you really will not feel much further away from the pitch).

I certainly wouldn't go back to the lower rows now.
Cheers that's an option that hadn't occurred to me

Are they really widening the aisles? All the way round? Do they have to? Another thing to cause the atmosphere to suffer.

mansour's tow ropes said:
Are they really widening the aisles? All the way round? Do they have to? Another thing to cause the atmosphere to suffer.

Got to get the fat fuckers in somehow.

Marvin said:
MEN reporting chaos after One Direction concert at the Etihad. http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...-news/one-direction-traffic-fans-hit-7198179
Wonders what will happen when there's 62k there?

This is really down to the behaviour of concert goers (esp young ones). The traffic is twice as bad because of parents attempting to drop them off outside, then collect them later. It's a very different traffic pattern than a normal football game.
You can add unfamiliarity with the route too. Most matchday goers have a decent grasp of the traffic situation and the journey times, but you're talking 60,000 people who don't go there very often.

And of course, a lot of the stupid drivers misreading 'One Direction' signs and believing they can only go in one direction.

THIS IS AN ODD ONE - It can't be for health & safety reasons, as our isles must be among the widest in the country as they are?
And it won't be to appeal to 'richer' fans in the newer comfortable areas, as these are in level two - So why are City effectively reducing the capacity? Sounds like we could have actually been around 64000 eventually if it wasn't for this.

interesting as I saw NOTHING in the planning application in relation to removal of aisle seats in the second tier UNLESS it will make them wide enough to split the aisle into haves and have nots - what block(s) are we talking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.