Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If premier clubs can't fill the ground for supposedly top notch football oversea's viewers will soon lose interest. It would be hard to justify the record PL deal if stadiums were half empty. So it really is in the clubs interest to keep gates as high as possible. I would go as far as locking the car park at city home games so there is no incentive to leave 20 minutes before the end of the game. The players must be really pissed off sometimes when they turn around at the end of the game to applaud the fans only to see row after row of empty seats as everyone is fighting to home.

I agree, kidnapping/imprisonment is definitely the way to solve this

Hehe.... doesn't irritate me people leaving early tbh...

I mean have you ever gone to a music concert and left early?
Decided to get home earlier from a nightclub and left 20mins before the club closes?

it's more of a reflection of society and how impatient, time efficient we are, always rushing around like rats.

Sure the club/mcr council could improve public transport to ease congestion, but it will never stop outright people leaving early at any venue across the world.

If premier clubs can't fill the ground for supposedly top notch football oversea's viewers will soon lose interest. It would be hard to justify the record PL deal if stadiums were half empty. So it really is in the clubs interest to keep gates as high as possible. I would go as far as locking the car park at city home games so there is no incentive to leave 20 minutes before the end of the game. The players must be really pissed off sometimes when they turn around at the end of the game to applaud the fans only to see row after row of empty seats as everyone is fighting to home.

Then they get in their £150,000 cars, drive to their mansions to be greeted by their model wife knowing full well they'll still get paid hundreds of thousands of pounds to do it all again next week

my heart bleeds

Thank God for BM and the fans who have taken pictures of the South stand expansion.

Ah! It seems City's media department are still months behind on the build. Or they aren't allowed to show any up to date pictures.

fXj7m7m.jpg

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-new...ium-expansion-story-so-far-gallery/1431419397

It's a recent English anxiety too ... those of us who are old enough to have been going to football in the 80s will remember that it was very rare for any ground to be full (and that was with much smaller capacities: OT was the biggest with around 45,000).

I remember City being the 3rd-best supported club one season with an average of 26,000 in a 35,000 capacity ground. At the same time, Newcastle were averaging 15,000.

I don't think people are anxious about achieving capacity crowds. The extended Etihad won't sell out every week.

That said, Traditionally, sell out crowds are a positive and Blues Still talk about the 81 Cup game at home to Everton where we had 52,500 fans in Maine Road!

Last edited:
Think we will fill it at least ten times a season even at 62k.

Rags, Everton, arsenal, chelsea, Spurs, West Ham, villa, Newcastle, Liverpool. Sunderland.

All big big games.

Think we will fill it at least ten times a season even at 62k.

Rags, Everton, arsenal, chelsea, Spurs, West Ham, villa, Newcastle, Liverpool. Sunderland.

All big big games.

It will be great to see crowds of over 60k in a few years. Get the match day pricing right (as well as season cards) and ten games could be over 60k!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.