Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
had a good look around the outside of the staduim yesterday an awful lot of work to be done if this is going to be ready for chelsea
The fact they've sold season tickets for those seats makes me pretty confident it will be done. They will leave all the cosmetic work until last - and they have just moved all the heavy lifting gear away from the stadium so it's obviously going to look a mile off being done right now!

mhqc0i.png

Cheers.

Just got it.

Larger version.

The future is blue! :-)

Click to enlarge.

B45OAAr.jpg

Two words.
'Asquith' and 'Dairies'.

This is the most important thing. Do people think Barcelona/Madrid/Juve/Milan/Inter/Munich/Celtic/Rangers/Athletico/Ajax/Benfica etc care about empty seats when they are playing a small game - NO! They have the capacity to get more people in for the big games and that's the main thing! It's a very English view that you have to have a full stadium for it to be a good atmosphere!

It does help awfully lot if the stadiums are full. Imo it's effect shouldn't be underestimated!

Plus the full stands are a huge part of Premier league's appeal for foreign fans (which is hugely important for the wealth of British football, as pointed out by Scudamore when the new TV deal was announced (though he tried to spin it so that it seems like he cares about the matchgoing fans..))

Anyway, I much rather build up the stadium gradually while the demand grows, keeping the stadium full at the same time.

It does help awfully lot if the stadiums are full. Imo it's effect shouldn't be underestimated!

Plus the full stands are a huge part of Premier league's appeal for foreign fans (which is hugely important for the wealth of British football, as pointed out by Scudamore when the new TV deal was announced (though he tried to spin it so that it seems like he cares about the matchgoing fans..))

Anyway, I much rather build up the stadium gradually while the demand grows, keeping the stadium full at the same time.

Although it's not what you were saying, but my view is 'f*ck what any fans in Indonesia think about my club. As long as tickets are cheap and available then I'm happy!', being genuinely honest I think I'd swap being the best team in England for being how we used to IF the tickets were all under a tenner or fiver or something. I'd still be going, regardless of whether I'm watching Darren Huckerby or Sergio Aguero! :P

Although it's not what you were saying, but my view is 'f*ck what any fans in Indonesia think about my club. As long as tickets are cheap and available then I'm happy!', being genuinely honest I think I'd swap being the best team in England for being how we used to IF the tickets were all under a tenner or fiver or something. I'd still be going, regardless of whether I'm watching Darren Huckerby or Sergio Aguero! :P

Same here pal. Prem or back in 2nd tier I'll keep going. But it does help the atmosphere (which was supposed to be my main point) when every seat is occupied compared to situation where the closest fan to you is ten yards away and you literally saw me standing alone...

Hmm... I've been in near empty stadiums and it's been rocking. Been at the Etihad whilst there hasn't been an empty seat in sight and the noise has been flatter than a pancake.

Stop worrying about what others say and just appreciate that we have more seats now to welcome people to watch matches.
Oooh no we have loads of empty seats? whoppy doo.. says more about the sad raggies who have to use that stick to beat us with.

Huckerby was quality compared to some

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.