Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might go on the tour closer to the season when all the work is complete and the pitch is ready. ;-)

As I haven't done it yet, that will be a great excuse to get some pictures.

Come on Bluemooners standards are Gerrarding only a couple of blurry screen grabs of the new bits of the stand, where are all our insiders with HD pictures??

Funny that - my missus bought me some slippers yesterday - and she swore the shop assistant looked like Gerrard - !!

Taken from the OS. =

The Etihad expansion programme which has been underway for all the 2014/15 season and over the summer months is set to attract record numbers to the stadium during 2015/16.

Though an exact figure is not possible to calculate at this point due to on-going work and repositioning of the scoreboard, it is expected that City’s new capacity will be approximately 54,500.
Along with the 6,000 new seats created by the South Stand’s third tier, up to 1,500 new seats have been added to the front of each stand around the stadium.
That means there will be approximately 7,500 new seats added to 47,500 capacity the Blues inherited when the Club relocated to what was then the City of Manchester Stadium back in 2003.
It is almost certain that when City take on Chelsea in August, the current Etihad Stadium attendance record of 47,435 – set when the Blues took on QPR in May 2012 - will be comfortably surpassed.
In turn, any gate of 49,000 or more would top the 48,619 that attended the 1987 Manchester derby at Maine Road.
The last home crowd to top 50,000 was when City faced the Reds in October 1981 with 52,037 fans packed in to watch a dull 0-0 draw.
=============================================================================================================================
I imagine that due to "segregation" our capacity will be about 54,200. Previously the capacity of CoMS was always said to be 47,725(although above they say 47,500) and with a sell out against QPR we did reach our current record of 47,435.
I will be really chuffed if the gate against Chavs is over 53,000 - but it will be August(hols etc) and which day it will be played - Sat -Sun - Mon night.
IMO it might be Sun 4-00pm K O.

Taken from the OS. =

The Etihad expansion programme which has been underway for all the 2014/15 season and over the summer months is set to attract record numbers to the stadium during 2015/16.

Though an exact figure is not possible to calculate at this point due to on-going work and repositioning of the scoreboard, it is expected that City’s new capacity will be approximately 54,500.
Along with the 6,000 new seats created by the South Stand’s third tier, up to 1,500 new seats have been added to the front of each stand around the stadium.
That means there will be approximately 7,500 new seats added to 47,500 capacity the Blues inherited when the Club relocated to what was then the City of Manchester Stadium back in 2003.
It is almost certain that when City take on Chelsea in August, the current Etihad Stadium attendance record of 47,435 – set when the Blues took on QPR in May 2012 - will be comfortably surpassed.
In turn, any gate of 49,000 or more would top the 48,619 that attended the 1987 Manchester derby at Maine Road.
The last home crowd to top 50,000 was when City faced the Reds in October 1981 with 52,037 fans packed in to watch a dull 0-0 draw.
=============================================================================================================================
I imagine that due to "segregation" our capacity will be about 54,200. Previously the capacity of CoMS was always said to be 47,725(although above they say 47,500) and with a sell out against QPR we did reach our current record of 47,435.
I will be really chuffed if the gate against Chavs is over 53,000 - but it will be August(hols etc) and which day it will be played - Sat -Sun - Mon night.
IMO it might be Sun 4-00pm K O.

Really want it to be sunday 4pm or any time other than monday night. Can't wait until the teams come out and hear the roar with the new stand completed. I'm sat exactly opposite behind the North stand goal post (east stand side) so looking forward to it :)

Just been to stadium took some flowers to memorial garden for my dad, anyway was surprised how quiet it was no activity, thought someone said they were working 24/7.

Taken from the OS. =

Does no-one actually check their facts on the OS? The only home derby in 1987 was the pre-season Manchester International Tournament in which we lost 3-1 on the first night and definitely didn't get anything like 40,000, let alone 48,619.

The only derbies in 1987 were the January FA Cup 3rd Round ((lost 0-2), both at the Cesspit.

Does no-one actually check their facts on the OS? The only home derby in 1987 was the pre-season Manchester International Tournament in which we lost 3-1 on the first night and definitely didn't get anything like 40,000, let alone 48,619.

The only derbies in 1987 were the January FA Cup 3rd Round ((lost 0-2), both at the Cesspit.
Spot on the 48,619 was at OT not City,and we lost 1-0 in the cup not 2-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.