Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for those in the know about the new SSL3. Apologies if it's already been answered/discussed . The current level 3 stands have the spiral access which makes it easier to get up there, especially for unfit fans (for whatever reason). Given the lack of space behind the SS, I take it fans will have to walk up a series of stairs ala Newcastle away end ? Could be quite an arduous trek for some !

there are stairs and lifts all around the ground as well as the spirals

I have a question for those in the know about the new SSL3. Apologies if it's already been answered/discussed . The current level 3 stands have the spiral access which makes it easier to get up there, especially for unfit fans (for whatever reason). Given the lack of space behind the SS, I take it fans will have to walk up a series of stairs ala Newcastle away end ? Could be quite an arduous trek for some !
it's not as high as Newcastle as you're only going up above level 2 as level 1 is below ground level

Pictures originally posted by iwillo on the Cambridge tower construction thread on the SSC Manchester forum.

Looking at the Etihad stadium and East Manchester from Manchester city centre.(cranes have now gone)

Click to enlarge.

27d67099b8eafc80ce8b17bb68b3b926.jpg

59f4312eccdd273e203447a1d3ff20b1.jpg

They've built a walkway from the end spirals east and west that connects to SSL3, i assume this will allow access for fans from those spirals.

The plan was always to use the current City square as a temporary area, the future "city square" will be more like Wembley now is with restaurants, bars, cinema & shopping for those inclined to do so... Also a nice swanky hotel. In the very first stadium thread "Las Vegas" something or other Jrb was sent plenty of info via PM as to what the plans/briefs were. Even back then in late 2008 (October if I remember correctly) it was suggested the stadium would eventually be 100k capacity. Fbloke will back that PM up as will a few others ;-) I've enjoyed watching it all unfold & recent plans I've seen (no I'm not posting or PM'ing to anyone as I'm not supposed to have them) show how the outside/entertainment areas will look. The brief was always "bigger than United" & that meant on & off the pitch, & that's never changed.
That sounds great for the future, but as of now, well this season coming, I was wondering if the club as any plans for any new fan areas ? Personally I would use the area behind/under the west stand of the academy stadium as a new fans area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.