Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not putting screens in the corners of the new stand would be really dumb.

Even the design doc said they planned to hide the corner roof supports with the new screens & as has been said, having two at one end means the fans in tier 1 of the NS can't see them.

Yes of course, but I'd say there's a fair few season ticket holders who are attending less games now (I'm one of them). With the increased prices, I'm stopping cup games. So City aren't just having to get existing fans to attend more, they're having to encourage us to keep attending as we used to.

I wouldn't like to say I'm typical, but I certainly know I'm not alone amongst some season ticket holders who are cutting back on costs by ditching cup games.

Whichever way you look at it - 'new fans' vs 'getting more from existing ones', it's still a 30% increase City are aiming for, and that's not easy either way.

I think it's possible, but the pricing is key. If FFP does eventually get the boot, then maybe, just maybe, City might be able to do something with the pricing. If they get that right, they'll fill it, but recent price rises (for many) can never help.
Same here - can't stand the Champions League and was less than impressed with the way we set about the two domestic cup competitions in a couldn't care less manner.

Just the League games for me from now on.

Same here - can't stand the Champions League and was less than impressed with the way we set about the two domestic cup competitions in a couldn't care less manner.

Just the League games for me from now on.

Yeah, I can see that tbh.

For me I'll be doing the reverse to you; the last few years I've had a Blue membership and with price inflation will probably go to a lot less premier league games now - £50 or more likely for me next season for a one-off ticket - and will therefore top up with cup tickets, which tend to be cheaper, and some Euro games which are sometimes discounted too. A different way of supporting really.

For me I'll be doing the reverse to you; the last few years I've had a Blue membership and with price inflation will probably go to a lot less premier league games now - £50 or more likely for me next season for a one-off ticket - and will therefore top up with cup tickets, which tend to be cheaper, and some Euro games which are sometimes discounted too. A different way of supporting really.
And it all counts
As long as people are there watching their team in some way at some time

Yes, I asked the Man City project manager. He said no decision had been made as yet on when to extend the north stand. There are only 2,000 people left on the waiting list. This is a mix of those who currently can't afford to pay the extra and those who only want a £299 season ticket.

Sorry mate, I meant about the screens at the South Stand.

If that were the case though, you'd expect us to press on right away - so one assumes any delay in the NS is so we can assess the demand?

That said, there are other good reasons to delay it - i.e. to discover the teething problems in the SS, then avoid them in the NS, which if we pressed ahead immediately, we'd miss out on.
There are pros and cons though - if we pressed on right away, hopefully we'd manage to keep many of the same engineers and possibly be a little more productive second time around too.

It's true we could toss 100m at an extension that only brings in 5m a year extra, but I do think City will be mindful of too many empty seats. The PR from it wouldn't be great, and regardless of it truly mattering to the business, I think it would reflect badly on the project. A full stand becomes a visual success story, an empty one will portrayed as a white elephant. If we can avoid that, I think we will.

Do you honestly think there is a hope in hell that the stadium expansion will be portrayed as a success story? You can bet there will be some empty seats at some point in the season and you can also bet the rag infested media will be all over it with utter glee. "Don't know why they bothered extending the stadium, they couldn't even fill it previously, bla, bla, bla". We are inevitably going to be slagged off, as per.

Hope you can make a couple of PL games, I will save you a seat in the Grey Horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.