Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you honestly think there is a hope in hell that the stadium expansion will be portrayed as a success story? You can bet there will be some empty seats at some point in the season and you can also bet the rag infested media will be all over it with utter glee. "Don't know why they bothered extending the stadium, they couldn't even fill it previously, bla, bla, bla". We are inevitably going to be slagged off, as per.

Sadly, you're right, people will be looking for any empty seats (and there will always be some, as there is at any club). But still, the South Stand is usually very well populated and shouldn't suffer too badly. The North Stand is a bigger problem, and I'm not sure why. Arguably it's a family thing, and people are less inclined to show up, but I'm not certain about the actual reasons.
I agree, I doubt there will be too much positive press (although we did get some over the Academy, albeit short lived).

Last edited:
Sadly, you're right, people will be looking for any empty seats (and there will always be some, as there is at any club). But still, the South Stand is usually very well populated and shouldn't suffer too badly. The North Stand is a bigger problem, and I'm not sure why. Arguably it's a family thing, and people are less inclined to show up, but I'm not certain about the actual reasons.
I agree, I doubt there will be too much positive press (although we did get some over the Academy, albeit short lived).

To be honest, the Academy is so incredibly marvellous that I think no-one dared say a bad word about it for fear it made them look petty minded, unecessarily critical and uncharitable. Basically they would have looked like twats.

As long as our average attendance for the season tops 50,000 then the South Stand Extension will HAVE BEEN a success IMHO

So what if there are empty seats against Stoke, Sunderland and Bournmouth if we get full houses against Chelski, the scum and the scousers.

Last season, I must have brought about 20 or so friends and family to games - who are not regulars, or Blues in some cases! I could afford to buy a few a few extra tickets and not everyone's in that boat I know. That said, if we all
continue to encourage people
We know to come to games there will be few empty seats and the media will have to work that bid harder on their negativity!

Do you honestly think there is a hope in hell that the stadium expansion will be portrayed as a success story? You can bet there will be some empty seats at some point in the season and you can also bet the rag infested media will be all over it with utter glee. "Don't know why they bothered extending the stadium, they couldn't even fill it previously, bla, bla, bla". We are inevitably going to be slagged off, as per.
As sure as eggs is eggs, mate.

the north stand planned extension, i suppose has a couple more issues,

in addition to just "more season ticket" or even non season ticket seats.

as its currently "the family stand", do city have to sell these extra season

tickets on that basis, or is the north stand expansion planned to coincide

with an already known and planned major change in "the family stand" .

in addition the redevelopment of city square or transition issues of that

area maybe weigh more heavily than that of the south stand development.

and can someone from city just post that x2 TV screens in the south stand

will or will not be fitted prior to chelsea, i'm sure its not highly sensitive info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.