Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really bothered about Spuds stadium as no matter how big a stadium they create they'll still be also-rans, their ownership more interested in making money than winning trophies.

In terms of our NS expansion don't under-estimate the day trippers, they've filled the old Sky four grounds for years. Even clanfield with relatively small capacity have thousands of day trippers, I was at Uni there and you'd see them all the time at Lime street with their merchandise bags full of tat and this was over a decade ago. If we stay challenging at the top, and especially if we sign some big names or exciting players they'll come to the Etihad in their droves.

not sure I particularly want us to fill expanded Etihad with just day trippers but got to accept, certainly from the club's point of view, that this is the way forward and to make money to allow us to continue to compete at the top and continue to spend money. Just hope the club do not forget about the hardcore that were there when we weren't great, and will be there no matter what. Cheap season tickets in new stand is a good start but if they start going up and hardcore fans priced out because the club know they can be replaced with day trippers it becomes a problem, but all the noises the club make and from knowing how PR conscious Abu Dhabi are I don't see it happening, I think they will want the club to "grow" with us involved rather than just being taken away from us and given to people who can afford a new merchandise bag full of tat every weekend.

Does anyone know the actual due date for completion?

The seats at pitch side on the Colin Bell stand are due to be done by Xmas but the project manager is trying to get them in sooner. The South Stand extension will be complete by the Chelsea game. He said there is no option in this it will be done. I suspect there may be a few bits and pieces that they can carry over!

He said that unusually windy conditions have hampered the project. The crane operators usually expect to lose 1 day a week (on ave) for high wind. This project they have lost 2 days per week! He also said the hardest thing has been planning around the matches. One example was a hole being dug for a foundation. They struggled with it and got to a point where they realised they wouldn't have it complete before a match day. So all the material they had dug out had to be filled back in.

After the match they started digging it all out again!

The seats at pitch side on the Colin Bell stand are due to be done by Xmas but the project manager is trying to get them in sooner. The South Stand extension will be complete by the Chelsea game. He said there is no option in this it will be done. I suspect there may be a few bits and pieces that they can carry over!

He said that unusually windy conditions have hampered the project. The crane operators usually expect to lose 1 day a week (on ave) for high wind. This project they have lost 2 days per week! He also said the hardest thing has been planning around the matches. One example was a hole being dug for a foundation. They struggled with it and got to a point where they realised they wouldn't have it complete before a match day. So all the material they had dug out had to be filled back in.

After the match they started digging it all out again!

Thanks for that ginge...much appreciated

I wonder how our stadium is getting on! Not heard/seen anything for a couple of days now!

Progress is maybe harder to see now the bulk of it's done. All that interior work will take time, but hard to see unless you're inside, and I don't suppose they want too many people wandering around taking photos (easier to take them from outside!).

Check out the final pic:

Giant single goal end tier, with a low roof, and they even have some kind of contraption hanging from the roof to further keep the noise in and direct it out towards the pitch.

Really jealous, to be honest. Looks absolutely quality.

Money is no object for us, so it's a shame we didn't really push the boat out and do something similar. But I suppose it's easier to build it from scratch like Spurs are doing.

not bad! but like i say its no

since when was my reply to- ''' there was a proposal to do one giant terrace combining 2nd and 3rd tiers for the South Stand'' anything to do with a spurs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.