Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The long term plan is 4 new stands. It will happen as our club and city grow. I will enjoy the non symmetry and watching the development over the next 10 years. We are not ready for 70,000 plus crowds yet but we will be in a few more years. I went for a good nosey round yesterday and spoke to someone working on it. It won't be 100 percent ready but enough to get the safety licence and then finished off during the first month of the season.

Ps it's easy to criticise the contractors - can you even begin to imagine the brain power and effort that has been needed to complete that!

The long term plan is 4 new stands. It will happen as our club and city grow. I will enjoy the non symmetry and watching the development over the next 10 years. We are not ready for 70,000 plus crowds yet but we will be in a few more years. I went for a good nosey round yesterday and spoke to someone working on it. It won't be 100 percent ready but enough to get the safety licence and then finished off during the first month of the season.

Ps it's easy to criticise the contractors - can you even begin to imagine the brain power and effort that has been needed to complete that!

I am sure us fans do not know the half of what has been achieved, the fact that it is a unique undertaking makes everything that much harder. The Minihad must have been a "walk-in-the-park" by comparison, although the decontamination of the old Aniline site would have been challenging. Would be great if someone has made a documentary style cd of the project.

When do you think the North Stand will get done, and are the seats in place at the front of the West Stand? Thanks

I think if we get 10 plus full houses and an average above 52k this year work will start next summer.

I didn't go inside yesterday just walked the perimeter. I know the project manager is trying to get west stand seats in in tie for the Chelsea game. That is not too hard a job in my opinion so think they will be in.

not being negative mate the stadium is out of this world, just saying about the stupid after match segregation its so 1970s in a 2015 era, there is only ever trouble versus Man U so surly that single game could be policed better without all that fencing shit

Glad to here you think that, think the club will have little or no say about the segregation and policing policy after games this will be up to the police force. Think the open plan of the stadium which means you can walk Round the entire ground From all directions may have been the main factor into the way the police choose this method of crowd control

Any update on how they'd do the sides?

Thanks again jrb for the latest batch of photo's, the South Stand is looking immense now...... well done for all the effort you put in to bring these photo's to us...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.