Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be so childish.

I've edited the framing of the new pic to make it more closer to the original.
Excuse me? I have the two pages open in separate tabs as I sit here. The difference in the second pic in the two sets of pictures is so negligible as to make posting the second needless. A slight crop to the right hand side. You obviously disagree; we'll have to agree to disagree. Preferably without hurling insults around.

8.5346314447074.jpg
8.5346314447074.jpg

So where the support goes into the superstructure

Where the stairs are to the third tier

What's going to be the cladding/covering there? It's just completely open at the minute.

So where the support goes into the superstructure

Where the stairs are to the third tier

What's going to be the cladding/covering there? It's just completely open at the minute.

It's open because that's how they are getting materials in! Will be last thing to get done. I originally thought it was glazing but just been told it is a mesh.

It's open because that's how they are getting materials in! Will be last thing to get done. I originally thought it was glazing but just been told it is a mesh.

Ahhh makes sense now!! I'm up in the third tier this year I thought i'd be open to the elements for a bit!

Was down there today

Looks very impressive, the mechanical ventilation you can see through the mesh in the top of the third tier actually makes it look bigger some how

One thing I noticed yesterday was they have re used the louvres from the "old stand" on the new corners. Saves a few quid! They were my idea originally believe it or not. It was going to be a mesh but it failed the wind mock up test so I suggested we copy them from the Lowry. We went down with the club and architect and they copied the idea. Those corners won't be there in 5 years - just wait and see.

I've been told by someone who works on the site that they're ready to start The North Stand as soon as The South Stand is complete, also the rugby league magic weekend haa been moved to Newcastle next season again. Previously its always been at City but due to the expansion it was moved this year, looks like another new stand season after next!

I've been told by someone who works on the site that they're ready to start The North Stand as soon as The South Stand is complete, also the rugby league magic weekend haa been moved to Newcastle next season again. Previously its always been at City but due to the expansion it was moved this year, looks like another new stand season after next!
Even if they do start it won't be ready for 2 seasons, they would still be able to hold the magic weekend next summer..

I was at the ground this morning - more expense in the shop....

City Square is going to be decimated by any North Stand works - I have no idea how they're going to manage construction activities without some significant juggling of spectator pre and post-game facilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.