Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the crowd in Melbourne?.

Supposedly 99K for Real - today. I cannot see that as the Record crowd at the MCG - for cricket - is 93,000
For cricket yes but they had a 100 016 record crowd for the AFL grand final in in 2010.
This is the record since the redevelopment to host the Commonwealth Games in 2006 when it became a 95000 seated and just over 5000 standing stadium.

For cricket yes but they had a 100 016 record crowd for the AFL grand final in in 2010.
This is the record since the redevelopment to host the Commonwealth Games in 2006 when it became a 95000 seated and just over 5000 standing stadium.

Yes - you beat me to it. I was just looking at the records for the Stadium - and in 2010 the game was AFL - or Austalian Rules - staggeringly the record attendance was for a Billy Graham concert of 130,000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne_Cricket_Ground

X
I drove past earlier and the East side of the South Stand nearly has all the cladding on and the turnstiles seem to be going in.

Went up to the ground this morning and haven't been since the new shirt launch day, they have done loads more work, all the panels and air vents on both ends have nearly all gone in and they have taken down the perimeter boarding so you can see the work at the front where the turnstiles are going and that looks to be well advanced. I am no expert but would hazard a guess that all the main work will be completed in the next fortnight or so. Also spoke with one of the site workers and the large drains on both ends of stand ends aren't going to be put in as they have used an internal drain system in the build, actually on the CGI video the drains are not shown. The stand will look incredible once it's all completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.