Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now would like City to request that Metrolink put on double units for 2hours before and 1 hour after the game due to more people attending games, don't hold out much hope though.

Spot on.....it's just common sense to do this.

Now would like City to request that Metrolink put on double units for 2hours before and 1 hour after the game due to more people attending games, don't hold out much hope though.
There needs to be more frequent Met's going from town to the stadium pre-game as well. You can wait 17 minutes between them coming at PiccGdns or PiccStn sometimes if you're there about two hours before kick off (and the situation of having to get off and walk all the way round to queue up to get back on the same platform at PiccStn is a joke, but that's more for a Metrolink thread). It can be quicker to get the Met to town and walk up to the stadium from town than have to wait for a Met.

absolute rubbish design - the support towers for that big piece of meccano will FOREVER prevent them from filling in the corners and they'll still be sat with a lumpy up and down four oddball separated stands - matches their low level expectations...
I think it's going to be really impressive when it's done
4858__2216__1000_54806f869eba9476191022_513X307.jpg

It'll be the biggest stand in the league so they won't have to worry about filling in the corners as it will hold a huge amount of people without that. and then they're doing the Anfield Road end next.
(and it's not like I'm sticking up for them because I like them, I bloody hate Liverpool!)

It'll be the biggest stand in the league so they won't have to worry about filling in the corners as it will hold a huge amount of people without that. and then they're doing the Anfield Road end next.
(and it's not like I'm sticking up for them because I like them, I bloody hate Liverpool!)

I have to agree also that they are certainly making the most out of the shit hole that is Anfield without actually knocking the full lot down and starting again, the surrounding area is tight in regards to space they can actually use.

I would also say that the new stand certainly doesn't look out of place with the rest of the design and once done will look like it could have been built years ago, you may see that as a good design or old fashioned am not sure....

I have to agree also that they are certainly making the most out of the shit hole that is Anfield without actually knocking the full lot down and starting again, the surrounding area is tight in regards to space they can actually use.

I would also say that the new stand certainly doesn't look out of place with the rest of the design and once done will look like it could have been built years ago, you may see that as a good design or old fashioned am not sure....

I might be wrong but isn't that what the owners did with fenway park as well? They invested in what they had and kept the traditions of the ground rather than moving to a new stadium. It probably makes the best of what limited space they have as well.

I can't stand the club, but even without my bias opinion, I think it's horrid. The anfield road stand won't look much better.

If the capacity is capped at 60k that limits them. City have plan in place that would take the ground to 70k plus. Too big for us now, but in 6-7 years?

I might be wrong but isn't that what the owners did with fenway park as well? They invested in what they had and kept the traditions of the ground rather than moving to a new stadium. It probably makes the best of what limited space they have as well.

Yes they did the same with Fenway Park, It's a touch decision to make really, Look at what the move to the Etihad did for us, but then on the other hand am sure many City fans would have loved us to still be at Maine Road (obviously re-developed) rather than move.

You could make an argument for each to say which is most cost effective also.

Anyone else see the similarity....
medias

Anyone else see the similarity....
medias

The one at the top isn't in Liverpool. It's still got its wheels on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.