Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah you can't deny those corners are phenomenally shit I'm afraid. Still looks a proper botch job. Let's hope our development progresses quicker than expected and we add to both the east and colin bell stands to even it out sooner rather than later!

Nah you can't deny those corners are phenomenally shit I'm afraid. Still looks a proper botch job. Let's hope our development progresses quicker than expected and we add to both the east and colin bell stands to even it out sooner rather than later!

It looks great! Much better than pre-expansion! Eastlands will have a much more intimidating look about it now as well as being louder on match days! The stand itself is better than the stands in ESL3 and CBL3 as well, they're much steeper which will make people in SSL3 feel closer to the action as well as getting a significantly better view of the game!

Somebody asked how many seats were going into the little third tier side extension blocks.
Well the answer from the Planning Application is only 134 seats in each
3rdtiersideblocks.jpg

Though I reckon there could be room for about 30 standing behind those seats in each corner ;-)

Dont agree with you one bit mate. There was no way to magically merge both roofs and I think it looks fine. It'll look even better if/when the North Stand gets done.

Yes they did the same with Fenway Park, It's a touch decision to make really, Look at what the move to the Etihad did for us, but then on the other hand am sure many City fans would have loved us to still be at Maine Road (obviously re-developed) rather than move.

You could make an argument for each to say which is most cost effective also.

With City it could have been a different story had Manchester not won the bid to host the Commonwealth Games. We couldn't afford to expand/upgrade Maine Road and arguably our current owners would never have been interested if we had still played at Maine Road. Many people believe that the land around the Etihad and potential development opportunities there were one of the major ticks in the box when it came to deciding to buy the club. Unfortunately the Etihad isn't the easiest ground to re-design or develop because it was never designed with the prospect of being increased. They've done a cracking job considering the technical/engineering constraints and if and when the side stands are developed it will look incredible.

It's so much more imposing and intimidating now and it looks much more like a modern football stadium.

There's a few more seats to add in the corner mate and a fucking huge tele screen! The botch job wont be seen.

Once the big screens are in in those corners then i think it will look a lot better. Other than that it looks bloody amazing.

So I've taken a detailed snapshot out of the planning app of the SE side and corner, extended those dotted building lines around the east stand and then got my super accurate seat counter out

And here's how it pans out - basically 20 extra rows on the third tier, allowing for staircases/stairwells etc - will get another 11,600 seats on top of the capacity when teh north stand is done - I assumed 61,250, so capacity would go to 72,850. But fill in the corners (by moving the screens up out of the way) gets another 4,592 and capacity would get up to 77,442. I think that would probably be enough, don't you?

3rdTierEastStandB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.