Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better?
expandedanfield.jpg

Yes they did the same with Fenway Park, It's a touch decision to make really, Look at what the move to the Etihad did for us, but then on the other hand am sure many City fans would have loved us to still be at Maine Road (obviously re-developed) rather than move.

You could make an argument for each to say which is most cost effective also.

It is an interesting debate. If you asked any Liverpool fan now, you'd be hard pressed to find one that would want to move from Anfield, which is understandable with their history in that place. Majority of City fans were probably the same with the Maine Road move initially. However football is moving at a fast pace. What is good today might not be in 10 or even 5 years. The increase in attendance at Anfield along with the revenues that go with it are good for them. Maybe an extra 15/18 mil per year in revenue. The guys says in that video it should allow them to compete with the top clubs in the Prem. I'm not so sure. We could feasibly be earning tens of millions per year with the developments around the Etihad in the not to distant future. CFA, Leisure destination, arena, sponsorship, etc etc. None of us know for sure what's coming, but we know it won't be anything other than world class. That will change the dynamic completely and who else can do anything similar. Who else has the space, never mind the money. For anything similar. Certainly not the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, Rags, Arsenal..... When the leisure destination is up and running, the sponsorship opportunities alone for the area will be off the scale!

I think it's going to be really impressive when it's done
4858__2216__1000_54806f869eba9476191022_513X307.jpg

It'll be the biggest stand in the league so they won't have to worry about filling in the corners as it will hold a huge amount of people without that. and then they're doing the Anfield Road end next.
(and it's not like I'm sticking up for them because I like them, I bloody hate Liverpool!)
Looks to me like the people in the bottom tier are in for an absolute soaking when it rains.

Looks to me like the people in the bottom tier are in for an absolute soaking when it rains.
I am looking for the Etihad Campus thread but seem to have stumbled into the Anfield thread. Has Ric been dicking about with changing thread names again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.