Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me, or have the steps been painted yellow?

aFtgIiU.jpg

aFtgIiU.jpg

If you zoom in a bit, it helps, but:
If you look directly behind the goals (dead center) and work down from the top tier steps (in the middle), then there is a set of steps perfectly in line at the bottom tier too (dead middle of the goals). Just the left of that (as we look), there appears to be another wider set of steps which doesn't really make much sense unless there are seat still waiting to be fitted there. I have assumed the away allocation is the first two blocks from the left corner (as we look) followed by a wide gap which makes sense in terms on fan separation.
I can only assume that 'anomalous' set of steps slightly off-center behind the goal is awaiting seating to be fitted. A couple of other posters have queried it too, does anybody know the facts?

Seems like some very wide aisles but the positive side from that should be minimal seating loss from segregation i.e. the away fans are already partially segregated through wide aisles

aFtgIiU.jpg

If you look directly behind the goals (dead center) and work down from the top tier steps (in the middle), then there is a set of steps perfectly in line at the bottom tier too (dead middle of the goals). Just the left of that (as we look), there appears to be another wider set of steps which doesn't really make much sense unless there are seat still waiting to be fitted there. I have assumed the away allocation is the first two blocks from the left corner (as we look) followed by a wide gap which makes sense in terms on fan separation.
I can only assume that 'anomalous' set of steps slightly off-center behind the goal is awaiting seating to be fitted. A couple of other posters have queried it too, does anybody know the facts?

I noticed the gap in seating which seemingly separates the home and away fans sections. But I assume they have just not got around to fitting those seats yet. We've always just used netting over seats for segregation, which has worked fine, and having a gap in the seats look awkward, and wouldn't be needed for other events at The Etihad like concerts or the rugby, so I assume they'll be filled in.

No, the away teams will be given the same as what they would have got pre-expansion. I agree though, it does look like a bigger area!

The allocation for away fans has been increased if the away club want to take up all three tiers of the South Stand.
According to Chelsea`s official site, "We have received an allocation of 3058 tickets".

Seems like some very wide aisles but the positive side from that should be minimal seating loss from segregation i.e. the away fans are already partially segregated through wide aisles

An earlier post on this forum indicated that low style segregation fencing similar to that at Arsenal would be installed in the South Stand. Is this correct?

aFtgIiU.jpg

I agree that the wider set of steps you refer to behind the goal to the left looks really weird and also I notice that the segregation width is far bigger on the lower tier than the other two levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.