Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter user: @EsteemedKompany posted this from this morning..
CLykDuPWIAAbqAv.jpg:large

Ha. I did indeed (that's my twitter).... Walked past it at 8.30am this morning. Looked absolutely beautiful! They've ironed out the curve I think. It's less 'jutty' and looks a lot smoother now, and bloody impressive too.

Was up there this morning, sorry no pictures.
  1. Looks nowhere near finished with hundreds of workman crawling all over it like ants.
  2. Giant down spout in place in South East corner.
  3. City Circle filthy already with footprints (some empty holes) had to clean our circle (Son and I) before I could read it.
  4. Overheard a group of managerial types in high-vis jackets discussing that they had a list of things to do and everybody was arguing about what took priority.
I believe if we don't get a good turn out for the training session next Wednesday that we will not be allowed to open the whole of the new third tier for the Chelsea match.

It was a huge project but high winds over the winter have put it behind schedule.

Talk of high winds but it was the best winter we've had for years and by far. There's always going to be some sort of delay due to weather though and the plans should be factoring this in.

I think it'll be really poor if it's not fully open for Chelsea and I don't think the club will be at all happy.

Was up there this morning, sorry no pictures.
  1. Looks nowhere near finished with hundreds of workman crawling all over it like ants.
  2. Giant down spout in place in South East corner.
  3. City Circle filthy already with footprints (some empty holes) had to clean our circle (Son and I) before I could read it.
  4. Overheard a group of managerial types in high-vis jackets discussing that they had a list of things to do and everybody was arguing about what took priority.
I believe if we don't get a good turn out for the training session next Wednesday that we will not be allowed to open the whole of the new third tier for the Chelsea match.

It was a huge project but high winds over the winter have put it behind schedule.

If there are still missing elements in the circle, maybe they'll wait until they are filled then cover it in glass, or some coating?
As for the hive of activity, that's a good sign, everybody will be rushing to complete on time. Often if they already know they won't make it, things get slacker! It's a bit like the equivalent of 'ground rush' when parachuting. It comes at you very quickly in the last few moments, and hopefully (fingers crossed) the mad panic is just the last push!

Not a chance.
I am not as confident as Cleavers. The license comes from authorities that don't have any natural connection to City. They have no pressure on them to authorise the granting of a license. They work on the basis of no risk assessment. They do not want to stand in front of an inquiry with their only reason for granting a license being "It seemed like a good idea at the time" I cannot understand the negativity from so called fans in response to the club asking for our assistance. After what this club has done, money spent on the squad, the stadium, the acadamy the list goes on. What do we get on here "what a fkin cheek they have asking for 3 quid" or the equivalent of I cannot be arsed.

The problem with the 3 quid for many people isnt that it's 3 quid per se, it's part of a bigger picture where they've possibly seen their season ticket prices increase and as is often the case, they are already budgeting to support City. That may already mean missed cup games, or cherry picking which games they can attend. If a parent wants to take a couple of kids along, it's more than the entrance fee... it's travel costs, food and drink etc.
There are always going to be a percentage of our supporters who are right on their limit of affordability and at that point, a few extra quid DOES become a problem for them.

Of course, there are whingers moaning for the sake of it, but we shouldn't forget that the smallest increases can tip some of our fan base over the edge. It's part of progress, and I accept that, but I think it's respectful to understand how something seemingly trivial can be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

At souvenir shop today, plenty of activity contractors wise, it's surprising how soon the final bits will come together , do you see our owners renowned for there construction development skills being late on this one? Can't see it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.