Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a serious note though, there is no point making a MEGASTAND if they don't encourage singers to go there. It's just going to turn into a giant creche!

maybe the 1894 group could encorouge the club on this ? make sure its one tier full of singers. i think i read they had an influence on the new roof in the south stand

A couple of additional questions from me:-

1 What would the capacity implications be short term in expanding the second tier versus a three tier development at the North Stand?

I believe that the existing cable net is the limiting factor in terms of sight lines, although distance from the centre circle of the back row would be another factor.

2 What would the long term capacity implications be with the two options?

I'm thinking like Chancy Termites mentioned when the two sides are completed and we are looking to fill in the corners.

I'm thinking (maybe totally wrongly) that two tiers would give us a larger capacity short term but three would enable a larger capacity long term.

I was checking out grounds for the 2015/6 season and saw a request for photos of the new Etihad South stand on the http://www.footballgroundguide.com/ site which covers all the English League clubs and other leagues. Could someone do the honours for them, especially as we have so many excellent internal and external photos posted on Bluemoon? Best if one of the photographers do this so there is no potential copyright issue. This is the request below.

"If anyone can provide me with a photo of the newly expanded South Stand (either from inside and outside the stadium) that I can use in the Guide, then I would be most appreciative. My email address is duncan@footballgroundguide.com"

Afternoon all, I have just got back from the stadium, there is another crane near South stand and workers in the corners completing work, there was also what looked like a steel framework ready to go in the corner, I think for the large screen. I am going to the EDS game later will have another look and take some pictures. I have read this thread from the start found it fantastic.
Excellent.. I still think the S Stand will look more complete with screens in the corners. Good news

CMjj6tSWgAI4QW_.jpg:large

Can there really be a north stand made of one tier it would be awesome, but how do they do that you could not build that in 3 months and you can't get rid of 6-8000 season ticket holders while it's built, I suppose it could be built in two sections top first then lower next.

I would imagine if the single large tier happens at the North End - (and I believe it will), the club and contractor will be looking into if it is possible to break out the existing lower tier at the North End and Re cast at the new rake and have seats back in during the close season or certainly part way through the season and then build the middle and back section of the new stand behind it. This will minimise the seat loss during construction.

Can there really be a north stand made of one tier it would be awesome, but how do they do that you could not build that in 3 months and you can't get rid of 6-8000 season ticket holders while it's built, I suppose it could be built in two sections top first then lower next.
I don't know what the figures are exactly but is that why the season tickets are capped at a certain figure, so we can close the NS and relocate all present ST's in seats that would normally be match day tickets for a season?

maybe the 1894 group could encorouge the club on this ? make sure its one tier full of singers. i think i read they had an influence on the new roof in the south stand
As someone who helps run 1894 group - I suppose we'd have to see how it goes in the current block we've organised first. The club would have to displace all the 2nd tier season ticket holders in the family stand to make it 'one tier full of singers', so it wouldn't be as win/win as this seasons move was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.