Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mav couldn't help noticing on Sunday a lot of the people in the93-20 were coming out onto the main concourse to get food and drinks had a sneaky look inside its huge but was there problems with catering I've been moved from 216 to 215 new seats are fantastic

They're not going to close the North stand to build an extension, you don't increase capacity, then decrease it again 2 years later.

There won't be one tier there will be two, the second tier will just be expanded, as per the drawing a few pages back, no need to close anything that way, it will be done in the same way the south stand has been done, just a slightly different design.

Most likely option in my opinion.

Hi mav couldn't help noticing on Sunday a lot of the people in the93-20 were coming out onto the main concourse to get food and drinks had a sneaky look inside its huge but was there problems with catering I've been moved from 216 to 215 new seats are fantastic

I had no problem with the catering and must add that the fish, chips and mushy peas was excellent....particularly the fish!!.

Most likely option in my opinion.
I can't see how there is any other option, without reducing crowds significantly, and they're not about to do that. You can build a new tier behind the other two, no reason why you can't extend the current second one in just the same way. The south stand was cleverly done, the north will be equally clever, just do away with corporate area between the two levels, and make it into seats.

I'm not convinced we need to change the dynamics of where the singers are again, its only one home game, but the signs on Sunday were very good that we now have an area full of people who want to sing. Keep the prices down, similar to the south, and we'll get back lots of fans who have been priced out too, and they will generate more noise.

They're not going to close the North stand to build an extension, you don't increase capacity, then decrease it again 2 years later.

There won't be one tier there will be two, the second tier will just be expanded, as per the drawing a few pages back, no need to close anything that way, it will be done in the same way the south stand has been done, just a slightly different design.

A repeat of the South Stand would be the most logical (perhaps a few minor interior differences), but it's not our of the question to close a stand in order to rebuild it. Let's say it holds 12K now, and could be increased by another 6K. Within 2 seasons you've made up the 'loss'. It's no big deal business wise. The problem is upsetting existing season ticket holders - it's just not great PR (unless they can somehow manage to find a way to compensate them / find seats for them elsewhere in the ground.

Either way, can't wait - the place will become a atmospheric cauldron is the Chelsea game is anything to go by.

I can't see how there is any other option, without reducing crowds significantly, and they're not about to do that. You can build a new tier behind the other two, no reason why you can't extend the current second one in just the same way. The south stand was cleverly done, the north will be equally clever, just do away with corporate area between the two levels, and make it into seats.

I'm not convinced we need to change the dynamics of where the singers are again, its only one home game, but the signs on Sunday were very good that we now have an area full of people who want to sing. Keep the prices down, similar to the south, and we'll get back lots of fans who have been priced out too, and they will generate more noise.
No sign of prices coming down. Chelsea game was all good though. Hoping the excitement and enjoyment levels remain. Watford might be a very different game with different expectations.

I would love City to expand the North Stand end and don't mind how it's done but if at all possible we should avoid losing seats during the season, and we have already shown this is possible

A repeat of the South Stand would be the most logical (perhaps a few minor interior differences), but it's not our of the question to close a stand in order to rebuild it. Let's say it holds 12K now, and could be increased by another 6K. Within 2 seasons you've made up the 'loss'. It's no big deal business wise. The problem is upsetting existing season ticket holders - it's just not great PR (unless they can somehow manage to find a way to compensate them / find seats for them elsewhere in the ground.

Either way, can't wait - the place will become a atmospheric cauldron is the Chelsea game is anything to go by.
If they did it that way (I'm not convinced they will myself but it is possible) then the ST holders would take the Match day seats I'd have thought.

I had no problem with the catering and must add that the fish, chips and mushy peas was excellent....particularly the fish!!.
Nice one and by the way thanks for making me hungry looks the dogs in there couldn't get a proper look though coz of the bouncers haha enjoy blue

Or they could be looking at build the new kop - top down so the new seats at the back are in place before they dismantle the North lower tier to the same rake. That way our capacity never drops below 54 during construction works.

As I have said - many options under review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.