Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other issue is the away fans and the fact it looks as though they will always be in the South east corner of the ground. With this in mind, would many people want to relocate to the other end of the ground. I wouldn't for 1. Better atmosphere next to them to bounce off for me....!!

tbh i dont get why you need away fans just to be able to sing ? we had plenty of away fans last year and that made no difference to the atmosphere. if the new stand was say 300 quid for a season ticket there wouldn't be a problem with noise. plenty of blues who have been priced out would come back

They won't demolish the souvenir shop. Useful building.
they don't need to - it's far enough back from the stadium - plans (as an identical end to South Stand) are for all to see on Manchester Planning Website

tbh i dont get why you need away fans just to be able to sing ? we had plenty of away fans last year and that made no difference to the atmosphere. if the new stand was say 300 quid for a season ticket there wouldn't be a problem with noise. plenty of blues who have been priced out would come back

While I agree the atmosphere historically since the move hasn't been the best. Where it has been at its most lively is around the away fans. Either Kippax Corner or SS lower, near them... You might not get it but the best atmosphere at Maine road was in the Kippax towards the platt lane end (close to the away fans) when it was a terrace and then in later years in the north stand (again near the away fans) when it became all seater. It's just the way it is, and I along with a lot of pals will not move to the other end of the ground when it's extended, even if it's cheap!! But each to their own...!!

I agree, so long as we don't play Chelsea or the rags every day where there's nothing to bounce off ;o)

Granted a truer test will be Watford in a few weeks, a less glamourous game..... If it works then also, we maybe onto something... If not, then back to the drawing board..!

northstandandshop.jpg

The stadium bowl looks to be 180 degrees out! ( players entrance etc.) Not that it matters for showing the North stand expansion in relation to the shop.
so it does - never noticed that on this one - a genuine mistake by the people who put this drawing together

Away end is always a magnet for noise. There has been a big drop in visiting fans at City and it's probably the 2nd biggest single reason for drop in the atmosphere. The biggest is that City fans expectations have totally changed.

Maybe the new stand will encourage more away fans. I'd choose an away day at City just to see the new stand

At the academy,is it possible to see the lads training there,or is it behind the iron curtain now,just wondered if it was like Carrington,were you could get close ish to watch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.