Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see what the crowds are like for Watford, midweek games and Cups.
Not much more than 1000 left for Watford, I think cup and midweek games are irrelevant when deciding whether to extend again. If we can sell out the majority of league games I think that would be enough to go ahead. Don't forget they are looking 2 seasons ahead. Also they know how many are on the waiting list still and if they want more to join the list they would need to give waiters some kind of timescale.

Wasn't the South started October 2013 ready for 15/16 so starting April 2016 wouldn't be ready for 17/18 .
Ground work started Jan 2014.
And here is a grab from a doc in the planning app
northstandoptions.jpg

If that's right,then I suppose they could do the same again, the only difference is they would need to relocate city square. Though when I looked on Sunday I did wonder if they could get away with just moving the stage and keep the shop, bar and cafe where they are.
I thought the plans were to include the shop etc into the stand, so City square would become integrated into it all.

Looks like the prep work was in fact Jan 14 Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site]JRB's first pictures, unfortunately the images aren't showing because of the new site software, but you can copy and paste.

DiscoSteve beat me too it :)

We don't have that capacity, english football fans are quite different in mentality to german football fans imho, we'd never fill 18000 with singers. Lets see how this season pans out atmosphere wise, I don't think Sunday was a one off.

Also there is no chance of the authorities allowing unreserved seating in the PL imho.

The other issue is the away fans and the fact it looks as though they will always be in the South east corner of the ground. With this in mind, would many people want to relocate to the other end of the ground. I wouldn't for 1. Better atmosphere next to them to bounce off for me....!!

The other issue is the away fans and the fact it looks as though they will always be in the South east corner of the ground. With this in mind, would many people want to relocate to the other end of the ground. I wouldn't for 1. Better atmosphere next to them to bounce off for me....!!
I agree, so long as we don't play Chelsea or the rags every day where there's nothing to bounce off ;o)

They should build it as soon as possible (i.e. after Rugby World Cup). Who cares about cup games etc not selling out. Grounds don't have to be full all the time (Barcelona and Madrid are rarely full).

I thought the plans were to include the shop etc into the stand, so City square would become integrated into it all.

Looks like the prep work was in fact Jan 14 Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site]JRB's first pictures, unfortunately the images aren't showing because of the new site software, but you can copy and paste.

DiscoSteve beat me too it :)
I think it is, I was meaning once the work starts the stage bit at least will need relocating for the works and giant cranes.

Hi mav couldn't help noticing on Sunday a lot of the people in the93-20 were coming out onto the main concourse to get food and drinks had a sneaky look inside its huge but was there problems with catering I've been moved from 216 to 215 new seats are fantastic
I have no idea tbh I was in the Colin bell stand, maybe teething problems. Don't get me wrong I like how they've catered for different spending levels I just hope they leave us at the bottom alone prices wise I think it could only be a good thing, my mate was in the third tier and said it was fantastic lots of old faces returned and managed to group together, top atmosphere said he can't wait for the Derby.

Wonder what will happen to city square if they do the North stand surely they will have to get rid while building it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.