Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly can't see why there is a hatred of concrete though. There is some great architecture out there that utilises concrete as an integral part of the design. I feel that the way it is used in the design of the stadium is complementary to the aesthetic but that's just my opinion.

I agree though that certain parts of the exterior need a good clean and some tlc.

I hope so mate but it seems a long time to wait. I can understand waiting til the north stand is done but it will probably be a very long time until the Colin bell and east stands are done.

Today I went to trafford (furniture trip)and could see the swamp from where I was. After the Trafford trip I came to the asda by our ground so saw both grounds within an hour and I thought theirs looks a lot cleaner and more modern. Too much of ours just looks like a dirty old concrete slab

Agree that ours looks fantastic on the inside though
Should have gone to spec savers while you were at it

I hope so mate but it seems a long time to wait. I can understand waiting til the north stand is done but it will probably be a very long time until the Colin bell and east stands are done.

Today I went to trafford (furniture trip)and could see the swamp from where I was. After the Trafford trip I came to the asda by our ground so saw both grounds within an hour and I thought theirs looks a lot cleaner and more modern. Too much of ours just looks like a dirty old concrete slab

Agree that ours looks fantastic on the inside though
Not having that, I was going past there the other week and it just looks a hodgepodge of a stadium

Our grounds is more modern in design and personally I like it, don't Think it looks drab at all once the other end is completed the ground will take on a completely different concept. It's all a matter of choice but the swamp and Anfield just look like each stand has been added and there is no simetary to them. Once you get Into the grounds there is no comparison ours is superb whilst the swap and Anfield have just crammed as many seats in as they could, no leg room ans some awfull views. Both sould have built new stadiums but have let nostalgia rule their heads, once Chelsea, Spurs and West Ham move into new grounds and the Etihad is completely redeveloped there both going to be left well behind with both being out dated and badly designed.

Not having that, I was going past there the other week and it just looks a hodgepodge of a stadium

Just think, The Fat el Hombre thinks this looks better than the Etihad. I think some of our fans are still suffering from severe mental trauma from the dark years!

SKL8926.jpg

Giant Meccano set with four slapped together stands and as for those last corners.... the swamp is a horrendous stadium inside and out - The FEH needs to get his eyes checked

@worsleyweb am liking the sound of the spirals final resting place!

What's wrong with using concrete in a design? I like the way it's used at the etihad tbh.

Concrete looks old very quickly. You can already see the stains of metal corrosion down it. The huge pictures have certainly helped but a light blue cladding would look superb. But no way OT is better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.