Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting ww. That said some of us are getting on, can you have a word and hurry them up?

I heard this a while ago as my brother knows one of the architects. I think may have posted something on the old thread about it, but the plan was to develop a skin all away around the stadium which would increase the concourse spaces/hospitality areas.

If the Colin Bell and East stands are being enlarged upwards, they will have to be enlarged outwards as well, which would mean incorporating the spirals into the stand in some way.

If the Colin Bell and East stands are being enlarged upwards, they will have to be enlarged outwards as well, which would mean incorporating the spirals into the stand in some way.

It will be interesting on how they plan to do this. The cable supports on top of the spirals will cause a massive problem I think. The two end stands where pretty straight forward due to the supports being quite far back. The spiral roof supports look a lot closer to the two side stands, building upwards could be very limited. Then again, I'm not a structural engineer so I know fuck all.

That makes two of us.

Worsleyweb and/or Disco Steve, plus others on here, may know the answer?

Find it hard to understand the idea that the Etihad is ugly. It's beautiful!

Totally agree what a great stadium both inside and out. At the swamp and Anfield they can't even put any decent screens In as they cram so many seats in their is no space to hang them without obstructing current views from seats at the back of all the stands. Yet aren't both these stadium classed as iconic ? Looked in the dictionary and must have changed the meaning of iconic as it should mean "old and shite".

Not if they did them at the same time...
That's a good point (that I'd not considered anyway), if they do the North stand first as more or less a mirror of the South stand then the CB & East stands would most likely have to be done at the same time later on. Logistics nightmare anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.