Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the stadium looks okay externally by stadium standards. Really there's only the Allianz Arena among the top stadiums that looks great externally. Even Wembley looks a bit shit. I've no doubt that when the side stands are complete it will get a make over. I can't say I'm too arsed until then. An ugly exterior can be quite intimidating to away teams and supporters but I don't think The Etihad is that ugly anyway. Maybe it will start to look a bit dated when Spurs and Chelsea build their new stadiums but it's a "nice to have" rather than a priority for me.

I think the stadium looks okay externally by stadium standards. Really there's only the Allianz Arena among the top stadiums that looks great externally. Even Wembley looks a bit shit. I've no doubt that when the side stands are complete it will get a make over. I can't say I'm too arsed until then. An ugly exterior can be quite intimidating to away teams and supporters but I don't think The Etihad is that ugly anyway. Maybe it will start to look a bit dated when Spurs and Chelsea build their new stadiums but it's a "nice to have" rather than a priority for me.

I agree, it's when things start to look shit on the pitch we should all be worrying

The stadium will grow and take shape as the club grows and forms it's new identity, what happens on the green bit in the middle is the priority for me.

Things must be good when we moan about the condition of the concrete .....

Personally I like the pics and don't think the ground looks too bad.

I think a much more pressing issue is to relocate and enlarge City Square as I seem to remember that it's current position was deemed only temporary.

Things must be good when we moan about the condition of the concrete .....

Personally I like the pics and don't think the ground looks too bad.

I think a much more pressing issue is to relocate and enlarge City Square as I seem to remember that it's current position was deemed only temporary.
I think instead of one new City Square the club should think about making maybe two or three of them around the campus .

I think instead of one new City Square the club should think about making maybe two or three of them around the campus .

Could work, but the original plan was for a City Street leading to a Square, guess we'll have to wait til the full site is developed and a few more years.

Could work, but the original plan was for a City Street leading to a Square, guess we'll have to wait til the full site is developed and a few more years.
Yes I think the club looked how German clubs did it with their bars around the stadium, but the council or maybe the police wouldn't let them, so City Street turned into City Square, with the beer bars behind a fence !

I'm sort of guessing here, but I'm 99% sure City Square will eventually disappear and will be replaced by the leisure destination on the Collar site. I think the ultimate goal is to get fans, tourists, visitors, and locals to go there before and after matches. I suppose the fate of City Squre depends on what plans the club have for the North Stand. Either way, the footprint of the expanded North stand will swallow up a large swathe of City Square, including the current stage area, etc. Interesting times indeed.

Oh to be involved in the wider development of the Collar site and Etihad Campus. Fair play to those People and companies that are. Just like the CFA nothing is coming out. And to think, those people involved have been working on the leisure destination and Etihad Campus proposals for years.

The_YAS_Viceroy_Hotel_Abu_Dhabi_8.jpg

I can't make my mind up what this looks like. A giant hairbrush, a scraper for de icing your car window, or a giant robotic cock and balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.