Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing the collar site won't be developed until after the north stand is complete? I remember reading somewhere that City had plans among other things to build a hotel there like the one Gary Neville owns over at OT. Can anyone shed some light on this?

If City have plans to put a hotel on the collar site I think you can rest assured it will not be like the one Rat boy owns at the swamp. Anything City /ADUG build on that site will be the best of type.

If City have plans to put a hotel on the collar site I think you can rest assured it will not be like the one Rat boy owns at the swamp. Anything City /ADUG build on that site will be the best of type.

Of course I have no doubt it would be superior, I meant in general terms of it being a football themed hotel. If this is true I would imagine City offering the full package e.g stadium and campus tour, stay in the hotel before match day, tickets for the match etc. Would be popular with first time visitors wanting the full City experience.

I remember Horton and the Coventry game, was a draw, don't think we'd won a game up to that point that season, and remember asking my dad who the effing hell (well I was a kid so maybe more like who the flipping hell) was Brian Horton and some blues overheard and laughed syaing they were wondering the same!

Reading about the Colin Bell and Kippax stands few pages back, about minor alterations and "wrap arounds" so spirals would be inside and makes perfect sense to me. I got tickets in the South East corner, below score board, for a cup game couple of years back (was the defeat to rags with Kompany nonsense sending off but will brush over that!) and to get to the seats had to walk through some of the hospitality in that stand, saw inside a few of the boxes and was surprised to see how small they were for such a modern stadium. Also been in the Mancunian suite for couple of youth cup games and again it isn't huge. Well designed to make most of the space, but I did expect bigger to be fair.

It's a well designed stadium but the corporate areas I've seen certainly aren't spacious, or spacious enough for such an impressive stadium especially if we are talking it being one of the biggest in the country. So makes perfect and logical sense they would want to expand the space for corporate in these stands, probably re-do the roof and add some more seating at same time too. I definitely expect this will happen but probably the next thing on list after North Stand, hopefully to coincide with collar site development.

Of course I have no doubt it would be superior, I meant in general terms of it being a football themed hotel. If this is true I would imagine City offering the full package e.g stadium and campus tour, stay in the hotel before match day, tickets for the match etc. Would be popular with first time visitors wanting the full City experience.

Compares this to my earlier days match experience. Meet up in the pub at 11.00 for a couple of pints, bus ride to Bury, electric train to Manc Victoria, little bus to Picadilly, bus to the ground, hot dog, after game another hot dog, pubs in Manchester, pubs in Bury finish off with pubs in Rammy and then to the chippy for supper. Change out of a tenner including programme. I am getting old. :-)

Compares this to my earlier days match experience. Meet up in the pub at 11.00 for a couple of pints, bus ride to Bury, electric train to Manc Victoria, little bus to Picadilly, bus to the ground, hot dog, after game another hot dog, pubs in Manchester, pubs in Bury finish off with pubs in Rammy and then to the chippy for supper. Change out of a tenner including programme. I am getting old. :-)

No wonder you had a bloody heart attack

as its a massive thread, does anyone know if there is a recent photo of the stadium taken from either the east or west that shows the new south stand with the rest of the stadium from a ground level? a page number will do or a ball park number so i can go looking. just what to try and do a vector image but cant image all the detail.

is there such a photo in the thread? help is appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.