Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Chelsea stadium. The inside is nothing special considering it's brand new. It holds 60k and going off the design it doesn't look like there will be much room for expansion. The Etihad with all 4 sides done will blow it away.

New Chelsea stadium. The inside is nothing special considering it's brand new. It holds 60k and going off the design it doesn't look like there will be much room for expansion. The Etihad with all 4 sides done will blow it away.

Internally is a bizarre shape for the seating, and from the outside it looks like a white plastic colander.

56f2ce4c8b5485201214a6dce0327672.jpg

Apart from that I quite like it.

I like the rib effect as far as the roof goes, but as for extending them down to the ground on the outside of the building? Not a fan of that. Makes the building look ugly, like some modernist museum or something. The best-looking stadia, IMO, have glass frontages or LED designs etc.

It may be my OCD, too, but I'd prefer it was symmetrical, not lopsided on one side of the pitch.

Overall, not a bad stadium though.

horrendous. wonky. asymmetrical. oppressive.

sums up chelsea really - so a good fit

horrendous. wonky. asymmetrical. oppressive.
sums up chelsea really - so a good fit

Looks totally lob sided both inside and out, why have they slopped of both the top tiers? Are they short of space, looks really odd. Reminds me of the old Southampton ground, the Dell, where one end behind the goal slopped away as a road ran across the top,of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.