Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Spurs will have the best, but it's a very generic design at the minute. Arsenal have the best currently but that doesn't mean its the one I enjoy going to most.

Chelsea's will be unique and instantly recognisable. It's almost Soviet-esque which is perhaps unsurprising. The most striking feature to me about it is the fact there are no executive boxes.
Not a chance in hell that Chelsea will build it without a raft of executive boxes.

I presume the asymmetrical design is due to space limitations but the outside is god awful ugly to me. It looks like a multi story car park.

Not a chance in hell that Chelsea will build it without a raft of executive boxes.

I presume the asymmetrical design is due to space limitations but the outside is god awful ugly to me. It looks like a multi story car park.

The strange contours which Chelseas stadium is due to Rights of Light Issues - some big posh old houses around there and if Chelsea build a monster which changes the light received in those aforementioned windows they would face huge compensation payments - hence the mad looking design.

The strange contours which Chelseas stadium is due to Rights of Light Issues - some big posh old houses around there and if Chelsea build a monster which changes the light received in those aforementioned windows they would face huge compensation payments - hence the mad looking design.
Could be right
My son lived in a house round the back of the stadium and you could see one of the stands from his front door

Personally I think Spurs have nailed it, and will have the best ground in the country when it's completed.

60k seater, close to the pitch, steep stands, low roof, and an enormous single tier goal end.
Have a word with yourself mate.
The beat in the country.
Are you forgetting one place.
The theatre of dreams......

Haha what a shut hole

So in the next few years, Spurs, Chelsea and ourselves will all have 60,000+ seater stadia.

Liverpool are going to be f*cked. They're doing their big expansion to increase match day revenue and get into the top 4, and they aren't even keeping up with the rest. Arsenal too, spent 9 years with no trophies to fund the Emirates and the advantage they thought they'd get from it will last <5 years.

On the other hand - an England World Cup would surely be on the cards then. Wembley, Etihad, swamp, new WHL, new Stanford Bridge, the Emirates all over 60,000. St. James park and Anfield 50,000+.

No other country in the world can compete in terms of infrastructure.

When are the scoreboards going in?
If you mean the screens then, if as rumoured, the North Stand is going to get the go-ahead then I would guess they will move the current ones to the South Stand and then install new ones once the North Stand is complete making 4 in all

Last edited:
So in the next few years, Spurs, Chelsea and ourselves will all have 60,000+ seater stadia.

Liverpool are going to be f*cked. They're doing their big expansion to increase match day revenue and get into the top 4, and they aren't even keeping up with the rest. Arsenal too, spent 9 years with no trophies to fund the Emirates and the advantage they thought they'd get from it will last <5 years.

On the other hand - an England World Cup would surely be on the cards then. Wembley, Etihad, swamp, new WHL, new Stanford Bridge, the Emirates all over 60,000. St. James park and Anfield 50,000+.

No other country in the world can compete in terms of infrastructure.

Sadly, I think infrastructure has very little to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.