Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a chance in hell that Chelsea will build it without a raft of executive boxes.

I presume the asymmetrical design is due to space limitations but the outside is god awful ugly to me. It looks like a multi story car park.
There's a railway line running behind one stand (East stand I think) so that may have some impact on the design.

When are the scoreboards going in?

I was told by a club official that once the sides of the stands were made waterproof they would then put them in, however, if the report in the Daily Mirror that the North Stand build will commence in the spring is correct perhaps it would make sense to delay this and move the ones from the North Stand once the build is started.

I think its blatantly obvious they'll move the North Stand scoreboards to the South Stand to allow construction - if people remember the first visible change inside the stadium when the South Stand was being built was the removal of corners of the South Stand roof (directly over where the scoreboards would sit)

So in the next few years, Spurs, Chelsea and ourselves will all have 60,000+ seater stadia.

Liverpool are going to be f*cked. They're doing their big expansion to increase match day revenue and get into the top 4, and they aren't even keeping up with the rest. Arsenal too, spent 9 years with no trophies to fund the Emirates and the advantage they thought they'd get from it will last <5 years.

On the other hand - an England World Cup would surely be on the cards then. Wembley, Etihad, swamp, new WHL, new Stanford Bridge, the Emirates all over 60,000. St. James park and Anfield 50,000+.

No other country in the world can compete in terms of infrastructure.

The USA can compete (and probably better us).
And, as things currently stand with football finances, matchday revenue is a relatively small share of the whole pot, but every bit helps. Arsenal don't really need to increase capacity though, they make a fortune as it stands.
But, who knows what the future holds? The TV money might not always be there, or there may even come a time when the TV revenue split argument starts all over again, only this time, we'll be in with the big boys. I'd like to think we'd be against trying to grab the lions share of TV money though - as a matter of principle - but that's not for me to decide!

The USA can compete (and probably better us).
And, as things currently stand with football finances, matchday revenue is a relatively small share of the whole pot, but every bit helps. Arsenal don't really need to increase capacity though, they make a fortune as it stands.
But, who knows what the future holds? The TV money might not always be there, or there may even come a time when the TV revenue split argument starts all over again, only this time, we'll be in with the big boys. I'd like to think we'd be against trying to grab the lions share of TV money though - as a matter of principle - but that's not for me to decide!
Matchday revenue last season (with a reduced capacity and relative lack of games) was £43 million. With the expanded stadium (and hopefully longer cup runs) this season will be well over £50 million I'd have thought. That's hardly small, relatively speaking or not.

New Chelsea stadium. The inside is nothing special considering it's brand new. It holds 60k and going off the design it doesn't look like there will be much room for expansion. The Etihad with all 4 sides done will blow it away.

Am I way off or is the inside similar to Schalke's?

On second look, the inside with the roof off is similar to Nou Camp

Matchday revenue last season (with a reduced capacity and relative lack of games) was £43 million. With the expanded stadium (and hopefully longer cup runs) this season will be well over £50 million I'd have thought. That's hardly small, relatively speaking or not.

It's still only 7m extra though, and that's why it's not so important who has the largest capacity. Of course, every aspect of our business needs to grow, but Arsenal won't feel especially hindered by their stadium if we surpass their capacity, and even Liverpool aren't unduly hindered by a lesser capacity, as their matchday revenues are still very impressive (although what constitutes matchday revenue can vary from club to club).

My point remains though, as things currently stand, the lion's share of football revenue (and especially for City) isn't coming from bums on seats.

It's still only 7m extra though, and that's why it's not so important who has the largest capacity. Of course, every aspect of our business needs to grow, but Arsenal won't feel especially hindered by their stadium if we surpass their capacity, and even Liverpool aren't unduly hindered by a lesser capacity, as their matchday revenues are still very impressive (although what constitutes matchday revenue can vary from club to club).

My point remains though, as things currently stand, the lion's share of football revenue (and especially for City) isn't coming from bums on seats.

It always helps though, 7m extra will pay another players wages and considering the expense does not count towards FFP calculations it is a no brainer way to increase income.

I think it is more about appeal and City are also trying to bolster the stadium in an attempt to get big events like the Champions League final which requires a 60,000 capacity as a minimum.

It always helps though, 7m extra will pay another players wages and considering the expense does not count towards FFP calculations it is a no brainer way to increase income.

I think it is more about appeal and City are also trying to bolster the stadium in an attempt to get big events like the Champions League final which requires a 60,000 capacity as a minimum.

Yeah, course it doors, and it's another measure that demonstrates how City are growing.
Really my point wasn't so much about City, but the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool etc. I don't think seeing us expand causes them too much fear. For Arsenal, they do exceptionally well already on matchdays, and for Liverpool there are far bigger issues holding them back!

Seeing the new south stand just makes the north stand look pitiful (which it is far from). I can't wait to see it mirror the north stand - and hopefully inherit some of the south stand atmosphere too. I think we can muster up 60K with the right pricing. 70K might be a bit of a stretch, but give it another 5 years of success and there's no reason why couldn't hit that mark (I know some will argue it's possible now, but I'm less convinced).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.