Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see us expanding further once the North Stand is extended anytime soon. I think the collar site will then be the next stage of the development. Going to 70,000 and then 80,000 whilst it is planned for in terms of the current works is more of a long term goal. Before we could do that we'd not only need to be certain that the demand was there but get new Planning Permission from the Council which would probably be dependent on improved transport links. It will eventually happen , in my opinion, but it may be a decade after the North Stand is completed before we see any progress.

The speculation is that work will start on the north stand in summer 2016, so if this is the case, surely the club will confirm the details within the next couple of months. Does anyone know if the snagging work on the south stand has been completed?

Any further expansion and Metrolink will be fucked, they can't cope now as it is!
I agree the transport is poor from the stadium, but that shouldn't stop the club from expanding the the stadium !

I can't see us expanding further once the North Stand is extended anytime soon. I think the collar site will then be the next stage of the development. Going to 70,000 and then 80,000 whilst it is planned for in terms of the current works is more of a long term goal. Before we could do that we'd not only need to be certain that the demand was there but get new Planning Permission from the Council which would probably be dependent on improved transport links. It will eventually happen , in my opinion, but it may be a decade after the North Stand is completed before we see any progress.
Build it and they will come. If I were our owners, I'd immediately plan for an 80,000 seater stadium and I'd lower the ticket prices all round to encourage more fans to attend. What you'd lose on ticket profit per head, we'd more than make up for with catering and shirt sales. I usually eat before I attend but a few weeks ago I went to the stadium straight from work and was starving. After something to eat and drink for 2 I was left with a few pennies jingling about in my pocket from £30...... Ouch!

This is what they do in Germany and is why teams like Dortmund have a huge packed out stadium. Bayern do my nut in but I recall the Kaiser once saying that they keep ticket costs as low as possible in Germany because rinsing the fans out would only net them an additional 5-6m per season in stadium revenue, but almost all German teams would prefer to have packed stadia and an electric atmosphere than to price the average fan out of attending.

I'd love City to be the first English club to lead the way like that and hopefully if FFP does go down the u-bend, it'll give us fresh impetus to make this happen.

The club will have no choice but to reduce tickets further once the north stand is completed. 62,000 seats puts us in the same league as Arsenal, the second biggest team in the country based on stadium size and average attendances. Without a clever ticket policy, I stand by my original thought 80,000 will be too big for a club of our size. My hope is that the owners continue to offer more value seasoncard as they rightly award that type of commitment to the club. As a Citizens member, I'm not expecting ticket prices to reduce much from the £37 that I'm currently paying for home games. If fans want even cheaper tickets, the club are likely to encourage fans like me to purchase a seasoncard, which will mean the price would fall to around £30 a game. That is great value, and gives me and other fans something to ponder in preparation for futures seasons...

The here and now is average attendances are up, so things are pushing in the right direction, but in preparation for the proposed north stand, I hope the club are investigating ways of ensuring the third tier on the away fans section side is completely filled out on a regular basis. Could we be the first club to really push the #TwentysPlenty scheme to away fans visiting The Etihad?

The club will have no choice but to reduce tickets further once the north stand is completed. 62,000 seats puts us in the same league as Arsenal, the second biggest team in the country based on stadium size and average attendances. Without a clever ticket policy, I stand by my original thought 80,000 will be too big for a club of our size. My hope is that the owners continue to offer more value seasoncard as they rightly award that type of commitment to the club. As a Citizens member, I'm not expecting ticket prices to reduce much from the £37 that I'm currently paying for home games. If fans want even cheaper tickets, the club are likely to encourage fans like me to purchase a seasoncard, which will mean the price would fall to around £30 a game. That is great value, and gives me and other fans something to ponder in preparation for futures seasons...

In 5 to 10 years time if we maintain winning silverware there is no reason why we cannot attract 80k crowds

If we build again it's purely the future we have in mind..our fan base has already grown considerably in the past 5 years..that will continue to grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.