Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I've got it right, we've gone from 47500 to 54500. This means the South stand AND extra rows at the front added about 7000 seats, so how will the North stand on its own add 8000 more to get to 62500?

So if I've got it right, we've gone from 47500 to 54500. This means the South stand AND extra rows at the front added about 7000 seats, so how will the North stand on its own add 8000 more to get to 62500?

I'm guessing it won't be a 100% mirror of the South Stand - and may well have less / no corporate facilities. If that's the case, there might be some differences in the pitch / angle of the stands and quantity seats within them. There might also be some scope for a slightly deeper stand (just a guess).

Somebody also mentioned that the current roof structure is a limiting factor, but once all four sides are expanded, a new roof would remove that issue, but I'm wondering if a new roof structure could be put in place after both ends are done and thus allow for more capacity in the stadium corners?

62,500 was mentioned by Goal recently. Prior to that it was 61,500. 61,500 looks feasible if the expansion is symmetrical........

I believe we got roughly 6,000 extra seats from the SL3 and about 300 from extending Southwards EL3 and WL3 and then we added about 1,500 plus seats at the front of the stands.

So if we repeated NL3 and the extension of WL3 and EL3 Northwards we'd get around 6,300 more seats taking us to around 61,300.

However Worsley has mentioned that other options were being considered possibly because not as much hospitality was required, i.e. make it one tier.

I think we'd fill whatever is built providing we stay successful. We could do a Chelsea at any time. But you have to plan on success and delivering on the pitch

Was thinking before that our biggest crowd would come in the fa cup when the away team has the south stand.
Then got thinking what exsctly will an away team have for the facup ? Half the stand.the third tier.the bottom tier or what?

Here is an interesting pattern:

Maine Road 34,000 move to CoMS 47,000 - approx a third increase in capacity
CoMS/Etihad 47,000 to 62,500 extended Etihad North and South Stands - approx a third increase in capacity
Etihad Stadium 62,500 (world class) with extended East and West Stand development to 80,000 - approx a third increase in capacity

Each time the pessimists have said we will never fill the stadium and the optimists have countered with build it and they will come. They have come!!! It is just a matter of time.

Was thinking before that our biggest crowd would come in the fa cup when the away team has the south stand.
Then got thinking what exsctly will an away team have for the facup ? Half the stand.the third tier.the bottom tier or what?

Away teams can have 15% of seats, so about 8000 now, according to FA rules, and then over 9000 after the North stand is finished.

That can be varied for 'safety' reasons, basically down to keeping fans segregated inside the stadium, but more importantly getting in and out of the stadium.

Before the expansion 15% was over 7000 but we only gave up to 6000 due to the layout of entrances etc. Maybe with the 3rd tier in place we'll have to give the full 8 or 9000 out.

Away teams can have 15% of seats, so about 8000 now, according to FA rules, and then over 9000 after the North stand is finished.

That can be varied for 'safety' reasons, basically down to keeping fans segregated inside the stadium, but more importantly getting in and out of the stadium.

Before the expansion 15% was over 7000 but we only gave up to 6000 due to the layout of entrances etc. Maybe with the 3rd tier in place we'll have to give the full 8 or 9000 out.
So maybe all the south stand then or what do you think ?

Full allocation would be the whole third tier, plus the normal sections in levels 1 and 2. I've been kicked out of my seat in 315 for the Hull game.

I'm guessing it won't be a 100% mirror of the South Stand - and may well have less / no corporate facilities. If that's the case, there might be some differences in the pitch / angle of the stands and quantity seats within them. There might also be some scope for a slightly deeper stand (just a guess).

Somebody also mentioned that the current roof structure is a limiting factor, but once all four sides are expanded, a new roof would remove that issue, but I'm wondering if a new roof structure could be put in place after both ends are done and thus allow for more capacity in the stadium corners?
The new South roof still utilises the CableNet system so a new roof would be a major construction likely to mean closing the ground and having to play elsewhere. IMHO there is scope in each comer to add more seats this would mean removing the extension corner roof section then three support beams from the side roof and "flattening" off the roof corners, this would then allow the top seat rows to be extended.

The 15% rule can be challenged by clubs. United did it and were successful in reducing away tickets, simply because of the size of their capacity being so different to other teams.

Speaking of the Etihad capacity during the expansion, last year some official documents stated:

Original: 47,670
North & South: up to 6,250 each
Pitch side: up to 2,000

Final Capacity: 62,170

Not sure where it came from, but it was "official" enough that I put it in my iPhone notes. It may have been from the stadium expansion ports cabin that was set up outside the City Store when it first started and they were showing the plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.