Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Why does anyone offering an opinion that some disagree with get labelled a rag? Piss poor blues. Fact is 62k will be fine for us for the foreseeable future. I'd love to see future expansion but the club doesn't need to rush into anything.

and they wont - I think after we have reached 62k there will be no expansion until we are filling 62 for nearly every home game.

If we develop up to 62500 in the near future it will be interesting to see if we can fill it or near as damn it as we have done with the current 54K capacity.
Isn't there still supposed to be a good chunk of folk on the waiting list not having taken up their option for the current season due to the unavailability of the cheaper £299 season tickets? If this is so then pricing will be the key. If the North Stand extension is the same layout as the South stand is it likely the ticket pricing will be exactly the same? If so is there likely to be a decent season card take up do we think?

If we develop up to 62500 in the near future it will be interesting to see if we can fill it or near as damn it as we have done with the current 54K capacity.
Isn't there still supposed to be a good chunk of folk on the waiting list not having taken up their option for the current season due to the unavailability of the cheaper £299 season tickets? If this is so then pricing will be the key. If the North Stand extension is the same layout as the South stand is it likely the ticket pricing will be exactly the same? If so is there likely to be a decent season card take up do we think?

45/48k season tickets with the extension I reckon

If i'm not wrong when we were at 48K(47 with segregation) we had 36K SC holders making 11K matchday ticket availability.
Now we have 54K availability but currently 42K SC holders (is that right?) making 12K matchday tickets available.
If and when we move to 62K+ and manage an additional 6K SC holders making 48K that gives us 14K matchday tickets to shift.
Still think it's a big ask when you consider that a large % of those making up current matchday ticket sales may be those who take up SC's. We'll have to wait and see.
What I am sure about is that the club will know the exact %'s and any move to increase capacity will be one which benefits supporters and the club.
Lets hope it leads to either a hold or slight reduction in ticket prices which appears to have been the effect of the South Stand expansion.
£15 + £18 for League Cup games - £25 + £20 for Champs League games.
Has anyone done a comparison with the other Prem clubs to see how we compare?

If i'm not wrong when we were at 48K(47 with segregation) we had 36K SC holders making 11K matchday ticket availability.
Now we have 54K availability but currently 42K SC holders (is that right?) making 12K matchday tickets available.
If and when we move to 62K+ and manage an additional 6K SC holders making 48K that gives us 14K matchday tickets to shift.
Still think it's a big ask when you consider that a large % of those making up current matchday ticket sales may be those who take up SC's. We'll have to wait and see.
What I am sure about is that the club will know the exact %'s and any move to increase capacity will be one which benefits supporters and the club.
Lets hope it leads to either a hold or slight reduction in ticket prices which appears to have been the effect of the South Stand expansion.

Your thinking is based on the here and now though

The owners are thinking the next decade when fingers crossed we have a few more cups including a European pot in our pockets

That and the opportunity to host big sporting and music events

Yes I realise that, which is why I mentioned that the caveat was the club will decide when and where to expand and by how much and I trust they know what they're doing.
I'm not getting any younger and I want to see it happen sooner rather than later!

as you mentioned pricing is the key. keep it cheap and we will sell out no problem as proven with the south stand extension

You need to take about 4000 off those match day figures as about 3000 are away fans and probably another 1000 corporate.

Does anyone know about the nature of the North Stand extension?

Will it be the same as the South Stand or a single second tier like that rumour that was knocking about?

Also, any update on what's happening with the screens in the corners of the South Stand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.